San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to DarkLogix

Re: The Following (Season 1)

said by DarkLogix:

I Guess this is to replace bones?

It's actually replacing Mob Doctor.

All serial killers these days are geniuses who have a love of literature and also happen to be so good at hacking they might as well be part of ANONYMOUS.
--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
But Mob dr was replacing house.

so then if this is replacing Mob dr then what's replacing bones and fringe?
--
»Death Star Petition

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX
As far as I know, Bones is coming back for at least one more year. This year was truncated because of Emily Deschanel's pregnancy.
--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
Ah, I thought this was the last season.

NotTheMama
What Would Earl Do?

join:2012-12-06
reply to juilinsandar
said by juilinsandar:

This year was truncated because of ... pregnancy.

God! If only Caron had done that with season 4 of Moonlighting...
--
"...but ya doesn't hasta call me Johnson!"

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
reply to Joey1973
said by Joey1973 :

So I gathered, except Bones isn't "near" the end of S8 yet (unless this is going to be a "short" season?). You're saying that you've already "marathon'd" it (all of 1-7, first part of 8)? 1-6 I could see being fun; after that, I dunno... it's gotten kinda "tired" (or maybe it's just me?).

I was "tired" of The Following before the end of the first half of the pilot. (What are they thinking here? "Everyone else is getting dark & twisted with their shows... Hey! let's do that, too!!!" [everybody nods with silly/stupid grins on their faces].)

I forgot where I read it, but one of the producers from a show that got canceled said that the viewer is jaded.
How many police procedure shows do we have?
How many shows do we have that involve solving crimes based on the autopsies table?
What can the sci-fi bring to the table that hasn't been done already?

Hence why networks take the easy way out and bring the viewer:
Singer competition shows.
Model competition shows.
Make up competition shows.
Cooking competition shows.
Business shows:
1]The apprentice
2]Shark Tank
3]Undercover boss
Wrestling
Sports [yawn, I hate sports]
Stuff where the network has very little cash put into it, hence if it bombs, it's low risk.

And why some "fringe" networks, have scripted shows that do well.
USA, AMC, TNT, FX, Sy-Fy.
Because they are willing to take risks that the major networks aren't, and are happy with an audience of 1 to 3 million viewers.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
reply to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

Ah, I thought this was the last season.

I can only hope that Bones is nearing the end. It isn't aging well.
I wish Fox had given the Finder a longer shot. I thought that show was ok. Sure it wasn't a "on your edge of the seat" type of show. But at least they seemed to mix things up on a weekly bases.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Joey1973

@verizon.net
reply to Snakeoil
Actually, I think it's the producers and network execs who are "jaded"; TV has simply become the "drug of choice" for too many viewers these days. But, you can't go wrong--in the view of the network execs--if you just copy what everyone else is doing (with few and minor changes). As I always say, the shows are nothing but filler for the time between commercials (time which keeps dwindling by the decade).

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Snakeoil
Sure, there are a lot of procedurals on tv, but what makes or brakes a series is the character development and relationships. These can draw a viewer in and can make one care about the characters and thus the show. I still enjoy, castle, ncis, and bones even though they're long in the tooth because of their interesting characters.
--

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
At of the ones you mention:
NCIS both of them, and Castle, seem to be able to keep things more focused on the cases they are working, and show a little bit of the interpersonal relationships.

Bones on the other hand has gotten to the point where it's nearly 50/50. And the personal stuff isn't that interesting.
--

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by Snakeoil:

At of the ones you mention:
NCIS both of them, and Castle, seem to be able to keep things more focused on the cases they are working, and show a little bit of the interpersonal relationships.

Bones on the other hand has gotten to the point where it's nearly 50/50. And the personal stuff isn't that interesting.

I still find bones interesting, but then I'm a shipper, so that's probably why I enjoy it, as well as the direction that Castle is heading.
--

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to darcilicious
The pilot for The Following was pretty good. It was pretty dark, well acted, and had some creepy scenes.

I was surprised when Maggie Grace's character got tortured and killed, and that the "prime" serial killer was captured so quickly. I figured Kevin Bacon's character would hunt him for a couple of episodes, just so the cat-and-mouse game would last a bit longer and the bad guy could expand his flock a bit. I'm really not all that interested in a Silence Of The Lambs scenario between the main characters.

But I'll keep watching.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken