uniqs
share rss forum feed

kb0nly

join:2003-07-25
Tyler, MN
Reviews:
·Mediacom

Frontier Lawsuit??

Whats this all about and did anyone else get this? Everyone in my town that had or has Frontier Internet got a postcard talking about how they are being sued for unfair tax collection for services.

I haven't been able to find much mention of it online but everyone around here got the little notice. So i wanted to see whats going on.

I had Frontier DSL years ago before switching to cable, and the card i got had my old PO Box address that i was using at that time, so its obviously from their old records.

SteveJobs

join:2012-07-18

If it was years ago it may of been something they took in from Verizon.

MPSAN

join:2001-05-15
Portland, OR
reply to kb0nly

said by kb0nly:

Whats this all about and did anyone else get this? Everyone in my town that had or has Frontier Internet got a postcard talking about how they are being sued for unfair tax collection for services.

I haven't been able to find much mention of it online but everyone around here got the little notice. So i wanted to see whats going on.

I had Frontier DSL years ago before switching to cable, and the card i got had my old PO Box address that i was using at that time, so its obviously from their old records.

Hi Scott. I did not get that here in Oregon, but Comcast has had that issue here. I think it has to do with collecting local tax on the service and not giving "enough" to the local agency, or collectiing too much from its subscribers.

'73

gozer
Premium
join:2010-08-09
Rochester, NY

1 edit
reply to kb0nly

This is the HSI charge that was listed on many peoples bill under the heading of taxes/and other fees. And there was a proposed setlement that was submited to the court in MN. But I dont think the court ruled to alow it.

»www.nka.com/case/frontier-communications

KbOnly can you please upload a copy of the postcard you got?

kb0nly

Tyler, MN
reply to kb0nly

I will look tomorrow morning when I get home and see if I still have the card and do that. It had a link to a website as well but it was just a repeat of what was on the postcard.

kb0nly

Tyler, MN
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 edit
reply to kb0nly

Click for full size
Click for full size
Here is the card i received...

kb0nly

Tyler, MN
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to kb0nly

The website url on the card has pretty much the same information. Just about everyone around here got it.

Oh and as for the comment about years ago and Verizon.. NO.. What i meant is, when i had Frontier internet and phone service i had a PO Box, but that was years ago, i have been with Mediacom for internet for almost 6 years now. So the only address Frontier had to use for me was my old PO Box address, they didn't know i got a mailbox at my street address two years ago.