The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to FTBoomer

Premium Member

to FTBoomer

Re: [Internet] Best Routers for Bridged Networks

Go ahead and upgrade to the latest version. The current version passes all the major connectivity tests no problems and so far no weirdness post update.
ispalten
join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL

ispalten

Gary, I was just answering to show that ASUS was active too. Since I had the DLNA problem I put the released latest from ASUS on and it worked for DLNA and I was surprised to see a faster transfer speed between my wired and wireless systems than on the Padavan code.

One thing I do do, and that is save away the settings from each flash type, Padavan and ASUS, makes switching back and forth easy.

Like I said before in a PM, I did report my DLNA/Media Server problem on the official Padavan site. ID 676 2 days ago, nothing posted to me yet.

Since the new drop supposedly improved USB transfer speed, I'll get that on later tonight or tomorrow. Hope the Media Server still works. I'm pretty sure the DLNA problem is specific to my h/w and was probably some setting, so I'll just reload Padavan and manually set it up.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by ispalten:

Gary, I was just answering to show that ASUS was active too. Since I had the DLNA problem I put the released latest from ASUS on and it worked for DLNA and I was surprised to see a faster transfer speed between my wired and wireless systems than on the Padavan code.

One thing I do do, and that is save away the settings from each flash type, Padavan and ASUS, makes switching back and forth easy.

Like I said before in a PM, I did report my DLNA/Media Server problem on the official Padavan site. ID 676 2 days ago, nothing posted to me yet.

Since the new drop supposedly improved USB transfer speed, I'll get that on later tonight or tomorrow. Hope the Media Server still works. I'm pretty sure the DLNA problem is specific to my h/w and was probably some setting, so I'll just reload Padavan and manually set it up.

No you can't reliably go from new code config to old Asus code config...that's why I don't do it.
ispalten
Clermont, FL

ispalten

Misunderstood, I have 2 configs, one for ASUS and one for Padavan, saved from the last one installed.

RUQRU
Mac Addict
Premium Member
join:2005-07-30
Central FL

RUQRU to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
Thanks. Already updated and see no problems. Getting DL speeds of about 67 to 68 MBs. Cool.
ispalten
Clermont, FL

ispalten

With the latest .038 code my transfer rate to the USB via wired has jumped from about 9 - 11MBps to 15 - 18MBps. Streaming to the PC seems smoother, but that is subjective. USB is 2.0.
ispalten

ispalten to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Go ahead and upgrade to the latest version. The current version passes all the major connectivity tests no problems and so far no weirdness post update.

Looks like that one didn't last too long, new one today...

==================
RT-N56U_3.0.3.3-040_full.zip 7.5 MB
Description:

- IPv6+IPv4 (dual stack).
- Linux kernel 3.0.60.
- 5GHz WiFi driver v2.6.0.x.
- New WebGUI.
- Full build: included "transmission", "minidlna", "xupnpd".

Changes to firmware ver. 3.0.3.3-038:
----------------------------------------------------------
- Fixed VLAN VID > 13 for tagged IPTV filtering to CPU.
- Added WDS support to 5GHz WiFi driver v2.6.0.x.
- Added support WAN traffic measurement with HW NAT usage.
- Added ability to enable external udpxy for xupnpd (udpxy support RTP sources).
- Updated kernel-3.0.x to 3.0.60 from www.kernel.org.
- Fixed WAN traffic history, save history to /etc/storage.
- Fixed double instanced interface ra1 on hw_nat.ko.
===========================

Awaiting your testing... and approval.