spc
Search similar:

uniqs

saultstemari
@shawcable.net

saultstemari

Anon

[ON] Cable Internet Options in a Shaw Only Town

I am comparing internet options ..pricewise..here in sault ste marie ontario and noticed that there are one or two internet companies here that offer cable internet packages. But shaw is the only cable company..how do they do offer cable internet service? I would like to get rogers newplan express 25down and 2 up but ROGERS $50.00 cant give it to me ...because they are not here in the sault...is my guess. I have shaw 10meg/500kb $50.00 and my streaming to JTV is about 350 kb up and that ends my download speed. So I cant surf and stream. »www.justin.tv/monkeyjuic ··· 34856016

Shaw has the 25 down and 2.5 up but the pricing gets confusing because I am bundled... unsure if i could downgrade to the older package after without another price increase too. We need some serios compettition to shaw here...with the price increases.. the internet will soon be out of the canadian homes.

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

I'll take Shaw internet over Rogers without question...

One or two internet companies in a location, that is pretty standard in Canada.

If you are paying $50 for 10 mbps, $10 more for $60/month (maybe less with bundling), is over twice the speed.

If you are streaming out, you definately need more upload, as much as you can have is best.