spc
uniqs

depster
join:2001-06-07
Grand Rapids, MI

depster to zonebze

to zonebze

Re: [Speed] Comcast Ethernet Vs Business Class

Ethernet is a dedicated business class service. Bandwidth will be provisioned to your nearest POP. You will pay much more than what you are with the cable option.
wTheOnew
join:2012-03-09

wTheOnew

said by depster:

Ethernet is a dedicated business class service. Bandwidth will be provisioned to your nearest POP. You will pay much more than what you are with the cable option.

You will pay more seems like such an understatement. Expect at least an order of magnitude more. Got an estimate for 20/20 Metro E for work. Was... shocked..
said by cooldude9919:

Comcast's ethernet pricing is pretty standard unless construction costs are horrible. 20mbps/20mbps is typically $888 per month on a 5 year with comcast, but you can get that on a 3 year if the fiber construction isnt bad.

That's actually wandering back into the realm of reasonable. My quote was close to double that.
cooldude9919
join:2000-05-29

cooldude9919

said by wTheOnew:

said by depster:

You will pay more seems like such an understatement. Expect at least an order of magnitude more. Got an estimate for 20/20 Metro E for work. Was... shocked..
said by cooldude9919:

Comcast's ethernet pricing is pretty standard unless construction costs are horrible. 20mbps/20mbps is typically $888 per month on a 5 year with comcast, but you can get that on a 3 year if the fiber construction isnt bad.

That's actually wandering back into the realm of reasonable. My quote was close to double that.

Ive gotten it for that in Nashville area, Atlanta area, and Denver area. You may have to make them sweat a bit and say you have a competitive offer, but as i said if you try a little they will waive all the constuction costs instead of rolling it into the contract. I got them to wave nearly 60k in costs for 4 sites. Its all about the IRR(payback) so if their payback is less than 12 months its an easy case for them. In my recent case their payback is esimated at closer to 16 months on only a 36 month term, given that they will still net nearly 70k. Factor in their construction estimates are usually high and worst case, its even better for them.