Search similar:

uniqs

Oh_No
Trogglus normalus
join:2011-05-21
Chicago, IL

Oh_No

Who is paying for this???

Who is paying for an ISP to become the police???
The customers do not want to pay for this.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

I would say copyright holders. Although I wouldn't say they are paying them. Even that wouldn't make them so willing to cooperate. My guess is they threatened the rates or programming for their TV packages. Or they agreed to side with them on issues at DC.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to Oh_No

Premium Member

to Oh_No
The MAFIAA is basically getting them to do this willingly, The ISPs know if they told the MAFIAA to pound sand they would just get it made into a federal law.

Oh_No
Trogglus normalus
join:2011-05-21
Chicago, IL

Oh_No to silbaco

to silbaco
said by silbaco:

I would say copyright holders. Although I wouldn't say they are paying them. Even that wouldn't make them so willing to cooperate. My guess is they threatened the rates or programming for their TV packages. Or they agreed to side with them on issues at DC.

That is just more of a reason that the government needs to step in and break up ISPs from the content providers.
An ISP should be a dumb pipe and should not have any liability for what its users do with it.

Forcing ISPs to do this is like forcing the power company to track every device that uses their power and to identify anyone using power for illegal things. It just does not make any sense.

AdiosRights
@bhn.net

AdiosRights

Anon

said by Oh_No:

Forcing ISPs to do this is like forcing the power company to track every device that uses their power and to identify anyone using power for illegal things. It just does not make any sense.

Obviously you didn't know the power company already does this. It's so cute that you think you still have rights left. That boat already left the country.
AdiosRights

AdiosRights to Oh_No

Anon

to Oh_No
said by silbaco:

Obviously you didn't know the power company already does this. It's so cute that you think you still have rights left. That boat already left the country.