uniqs
share rss forum feed

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to AZ_OGM

Re: Danish - 24h speedrun livestream. STARTING TOMORROW!

ya random q is random in WC now with a kitty tank, and a nood healer monk thats crying about the belt of the fang agility belt its funny
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to Spliid
3hrs in lvl 20

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5
reply to Spliid
Are there food and bio breaks or is it a one tube in, one tube out system?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
said by Carpie:

Are there food and bio breaks or is it a one tube in, one tube out system?

The right word for this is "poopsocking".
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Rhenai

join:2010-09-07
Elkhorn, NE
kudos:1
I would love to see one of you raiders do this sometime!

Carpie

united state
reply to Spliid
If doing random Q's, I wonder why not tank/healer combo. Duo-dps is going to create some wait time in there. Granted they'll probably quest in between but tank/heals is a good combo for that too. Pull as many as you can, Mind Sear tank for AOE dmg. Heal (if needed), repeat.

Carpie

united state
reply to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

Jobbie I am usually always thankful and much better off for any new information you enlighten me with regarding the game. But this time... not so sure....

I think I need a shower. I feel like I've been mentally violated.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Rhenai
said by Rhenai:

said by Jobbie:

I wish we could do a leveling competition among all the fellow altoholics on the forum.

DUDE - JUST SAY NO. Ironman, now a speed run - what next? Alts that play other alts?? Just step away from the keyboard, must control that urge!

/sadface
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Carpie
said by Carpie:

If doing random Q's, I wonder why not tank/healer combo. Duo-dps is going to create some wait time in there. Granted they'll probably quest in between but tank/heals is a good combo for that too. Pull as many as you can, Mind Sear tank for AOE dmg. Heal (if needed), repeat.

You only need to do the dungeons once so you get the quests done since they give a lot of XP the rest you can just keep questing with full heirlooms you should outlevel each zone in no time.
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Carpie
said by Carpie:

said by Jobbie:

Jobbie I am usually always thankful and much better off for any new information you enlighten me with regarding the game. But this time... not so sure....

I think I need a shower. I feel like I've been mentally violated.

It was my pleasure.
--

AZ_OGM

join:2007-01-12
Phoenix, AZ
reply to Spliid
seeing him run back to Stocks after the wipe is reminiscent of the long walks back to Marauden after wiping.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
Just dinged 23 in Stocks...3 hrs 57 min in.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to Rhenai
My Danish is a little rusty, but from what I can decipher I think they are running on sugar free Red Bull and Coors Light.

lol

AZ_OGM

Phoenix, AZ
One would think that there are better beers available in Denmark than Coors Light. Even Carlsberg is light years better.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
The Coors Light part was definitely a joke...there was an exchange about sugar free RedBull and something that sounded like "cooler" and "light"...the high quality of readily available brews in Denmark definitely would prevent me from drinking "water light"...I'd even be willing to bet that Coors Light is hard as shit to find there.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to AZ_OGM
24 in 18 minutes.

4 hrs 15 min in.

AZ_OGM

Phoenix, AZ
reply to Spliid
I could only imagine how much faster they would level if they were panda monks who did the Zen pilgrimage every hour for the 50% Xp bonus on top of the BoAs they are wearing.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
good point

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to AZ_OGM
Imagine if he had multiple Elixirs of Ancient Knowledge on top of that...he'd be at like 500% xp bonus.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to cymraeg
Level 30.

17 minutes shy of 6 hours.

Carpie

united state
What are the bets for what level they make it to? Definitely won't be 90 at this rate. First reading was ~ 8 lvls/hr (12/1.5hrs), 2nd was ~5.3 lvls/hr (8/1.5hrs), 3rd ~3.5 lvls/hr, and the gain in this last reading was ~3.5 lvls/hr. With 18 hrs to go and a run rate of 3.5 lvls/hr, it will put them at ~lvl 93 and that rate will be impossible to maintain after 80 (and most likely long before).

My guess is lvl 61.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
Warlock to 61, Hunter to 60. That is if Spliid didn't farm up that elixir from Krol. If they both got one, then I think they'll both hit 61.

They're now 35 just over 7 hours in.

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO
reply to AZ_OGM
said by AZ_OGM:

I could only imagine how much faster they would level if they were panda monks who did the Zen pilgrimage every hour for the 50% Xp bonus on top of the BoAs they are wearing.

My guess is, they didn't choose pandas because they would be stuck in "Panda-land" for their first 8-10 levels... with no mailboxes... and therefore with no heirloom gear until they finished off all their intro quests.
Also stuck at work now, can't watch the stream... but sounds like an interesting challenge. I'm hoping they are running this legit, and not like some of the people who were racing for world-first/realm-first L90 characters and had lots of guild assistance with downing mobs. Also - heard someone say they were on a PvP server... have they been ganked yet??
EDIT - I'll put my guess in as level 68 for both guys after 24 hours. Not L90, but still quite impressive.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
oh, I'll play....my guess level 70 for both in 24hours.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to Caelharrad
Since this morning I've probably watched an hour of this stream all together. I've seen them encounter one person while questing, a Warlock of the same faction...he killed some named quest mob about 5 seconds before they got there...they were pretty pissed, lol.

To answer your other question, the two of them have played as a duo the whole time I've watched. No guild help or really any interaction with others at all.

OP stated they chose Hunter/Warlock for the ease of leveling with each class.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
Just dinged 38 in Dustwallow.

AZ_OGM

Phoenix, AZ
reply to Spliid
I haven't seen any ganking yet. But they have leveled exclusively in Kalimdor and dungeons. I have also noticed they they try to stay off the roads so they don't attract attention to themselves. Or EU servers don't have X-realm zones which reduces the probility of ganking.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to McBrain
8 hours down.

Level 39.

Hauling ass.

liquoranne

join:2009-01-14
Level guess from me is 75. I think they will beat the BC crunch.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
I never minded Outlands too much. It's Northrend that makes me wish for a root canal.