spc
Search similar:

uniqs

meeeeeeeeee
join:2003-07-13
Newburgh, NY

meeeeeeeeee

Of course...

With the consumer now bearing the entire cost of the handsets, the price of the corresponding service will be much lower, or is this just another one of those "Let's bleed the sheeple some more and make our PROFIT$ EVEN BIGGER" things?
join:2000-10-10
Decatur, GA

Yeah, the service should cost less and there should be no 2 year contracts and no ETF's. Both of those things were all about the handset. With the handset subsidies out of the picture, they will now have to start competing on price and service instead of what handsets they offer.

Lower price, better service....maybe this could be a good thing for consumers.

meeeeeeeeee
Newburgh, NY

meeeeeeeeee

said by 8744675:

Lower price, better service....maybe this could be a good thing for consumers.

Ummmmm...a word of advice... DON'T hold your breath waiting.

viperpa33s
Why Me?
Premium Member
join:2002-12-20
Bradenton, FL

viperpa33s to 8744675

Premium Member

to 8744675
I agree.

Being that you have to pay full price for the phone, the cell phone companies won't have to pay the money to subsidize the phone. In that case they should get rid of the contracts and your cellphone bill should be a lot less. Of course that won't happen, not by a long shot.

anon anon
@charter.com

anon anon to 8744675

Anon

to 8744675
said by 8744675:

Yeah, the service should cost less and there should be no 2 year contracts and no ETF's.

With t-mobile you are still required to sign a 2 year contract. And why shouldn't you? If you are financing a phone you shouldn't be able to bail before it's paid off.

Time
Premium Member
join:2003-07-05
Irvine, CA

Time

Premium Member

said by anon anon :

said by 8744675:

Yeah, the service should cost less and there should be no 2 year contracts and no ETF's.

With t-mobile you are still required to sign a 2 year contract. And why shouldn't you? If you are financing a phone you shouldn't be able to bail before it's paid off.

If the phone is paid off, you should be able to bail.

anon anon
@charter.com

anon anon

Anon

said by Time:

If the phone is paid off, you should be able to bail.

And it take 20 months to pay off the phone. I think you need to look up how t-mobiles new plans work. Take say a Galaxy SIII you pay $200 down and then pay $20 extra on your bill for 20 months to pay off the other $400. Now please explain why someone should be able to leave before those 20 months are up?

meeeeeeeeee
Newburgh, NY

2 edits

meeeeeeeeee

and we'll just forget about the OTHER 4 months they're locked into AFTER the phone is paid off. No biggie... right?

The "2 year contract" was a "gimmee" that people conceded to in order to get the subsidy. Now that the subsidy is gone, there should be NO commitment past the paying off of the phone. REALLY, there should be NO commitment from Day 1. They are selling you a phone period.When you buy a car, does the company financing it tell you on which streets you can drive it? Well, neither should the company selling you a phone.

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus
join:2000-10-09
Southfield, MI

dnoyeB to anon anon

to anon anon
I think they point of the separation is that the phone loan is separate from the phone communication service. If you have to sign a 2-year communication service contract, then they still have subsidies.

Personally, I would expect a 2 year loan contract, not a two year service contract.

Anyway, I don't want any phone from T-mobile and I certainly would not pay full price for it and still suffer the bloatware. I buy my phones from OEM only. But I can afford that.