All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Breezer
@qc.ca

Breezer to Ph1L08642

Anon

to Ph1L08642

Re: [Internet] Sagemcom 2864 port fowarding no longer working?!?

It looks that the port fowarding works when you foward them to the DMZ.

Ex:
Sagemcom : 192.168.2.1
IP-Camera : 192.168.2.84

DMZ:
Enabled on 192.168.2.84

Port-Fowarding:
publicport(ex:50002) to privateport(8080) destination(192.168.2.84).

But the major problem with this is when you have more than 1 Camera or host you wan't to reach. Ie. RDP on your home computer + 2 IPCamera... you can't acces more than 1 of them.

I've been trying for more than a week to get my Dir-655 authenticate with pppoe and it keeps disconnecting over and over after 2-3 seconds. I've been able to get my internet working yesterday for about 20 minutes, but I only had 40/15 out of my 50/50 Internet's speed.

They have uploaded a new firmware and this is the reason why I want my Dir-655 to control all my internet.

I will try the pppoe (Dir-655) authentication with the real bridging method tonight and I'll keep you informed of the results.

Rigor_M
join:2010-09-26
Quebec, QC

Rigor_M

Just called technical support tonight and they said there was no updates to the firmware.

since last night, my stuff is not working anymore.

I have a bridged router on the sagemcom and the PPPoE stopped working. It was fine since june..

BTW, the DMZ IS NOT a solution to the brige mode. be warned. You may think its bridged but your personal router is getting a internal IP from bell's router and then, putting you on a second network.

a bridge mode lets your router have its own public IP (like the sagemcom) with your b1xxxx code installed.

and everything stop working.. again, thank you Bell
Bestman
join:2005-04-05
Quebec, QC

Bestman

To be able to circumvent bugs like this port forwarding issue with the Sagemcom, last week I decided to buy a router.
As discussed in another thread, I set up my router in PPPoE mode, setting the proper credentials. This setup seemed to work properly in my initial testing.
Now 2 days ago, I wanted to do my final setup... And it doesn't work anymore?! I saw in that other thread that dual PPPoE logins don't work anymore... So I removed the b1xxx user from the Sagemcom, rebooted everything, still no dice. I can see that the rooter connects, then disconnects after a few seconds.
Is this "normal"? Is there anyway I can get this working?
Thanks!

Rigor_M
join:2010-09-26
Quebec, QC

Rigor_M

Thats what happened to me.

you'll be able to connect in dual login for a couple of seconds and then, it wont work after a couple of tries. (your router's MAC must get banned)