uniqs
share rss forum feed

brianiscool

join:2000-08-16
Miami, FL
kudos:1
reply to Synbios

Re: FiOS too expensive?

I dropped from my 155/65 to 15/5 because I don't download anything anymore.

ScrawnyB

join:2004-05-18
Carlisle, PA
Don't ya hate that when you're downloaded all of the internets and left nothing to spare?

brianiscool

join:2000-08-16
Miami, FL
Yep I now save $35 a month in my pocket.

FIOSINSSMD

@verizon.net
reply to Synbios
I have FIOS 15/5 and 2 DV phone lines and pay about $77.00 including all taxes in Silver Spring, MD. Do have a loyal customer and another bundle discount but thats only about $15 off.
Check with them and see what you can get.
The ran fiber, installed a 612 ONT, and ran about 75' of cat5e ethernet cable to the actiontec router they installed. All at no cost to me.

Synbios

join:2002-05-18
Arlington, VA
Reviews:
·Charter
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS
reply to FIOSMAN
said by FIOSMAN :

Long time customer here, I was recently transitioned to FIOS 3/1 (Already had DSL and phone) Now I pay ~35 per month. I also get ~5/4 consitently. No issues at all the first 8 months.
Isn't the issue with Comcast Cable the slowdowns that occur when a lot of people are on in the same neighborhood?

3/1 line for 35 a month is more in line with what I consider a fair price. That's especially awesome that you get a lot more than the advertised speed.

batsona
Maryland

join:2004-04-17
Ellicott City, MD
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Synbios
I was stepping thru the pricing wizard for my mother, who I'd like to get on FIOS. The price was 'x' when I had 15/5 selected, and when I selected "3/1" the price INCREASED BY $30 A MONTH.. I kid you not. They really want to sell those faster packages.

She's not an existing VZ DSL customer, she's actually on [what was] Cavalier for voice and data.