Leander, TX

robbin to alkizmo

Mod

to alkizmo

Re: Dish washer arms not spinning

said by alkizmo:

said by Bruschi:

To clean the dishes!

Nothing I can toss in there to clean the dishwasher itself?

Already posted it twice. It cleans the dishwasher.

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo

said by robbin:

Already posted it twice. It cleans the dishwasher.

I was just hoping for something purchasable locally

I wonder, are all citric acid powders made the same?
»www.homedepot.ca/product ··· h/968976

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

No - it is not the same: "Prepares concrete for painting and staining. Citric acid powder is safer than muriatic acid"

There are a ton of cleaners - just because he had a link to one does not mean the same thing is not available locally. Just look in the grocery store where the cleaners are sold...

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

said by CylonRed:

No - it is not the same: "Prepares concrete for painting and staining. Citric acid powder is safer than muriatic acid"

Chemicals can have many different and perfectly acceptable uses. I have muriatic acid that I bought at Lowes that's labeled for etching concrete -- that I use in our swimming pool to lower the pH level. I have phosphoric acid here at work that's for cleaning concrete, stone, etc that we use for cleaning stainless steel (per our chemist's recommendation).

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

I do understand that but personally - if the product does not mention using it for that and it etches things - I am wary of using it in the application. To know for sure they would have to check the strength of the 2 products to see how different they are.

The muriatic acid would very likely be far more diluted than the citric acid in a dishwasher which has a lot less water.

If he wants to get the 'same thing' as the product robbin linked to - then he needs to find the same type of product for the use it is intended - imho.