Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Samsie

@verizon.net
reply to smrtech

Re: Fios speed test different results every other speed test

»www.speedtest.net/result/2453094192.png

this was my most recent test. as you can see the 30 down was fine, but my 5 upload is no where close tot he 25 i should be getting.

ScrawnyB

join:2004-05-18
Carlisle, PA
kudos:1
Posting mine here too... Pretty consistent (with the small upload variance)... 50/25 with TV here, located near Harrisburg, PA.

To Washington, DC:

To Baltimore (Comcast Server):

To Baltimore (Reliable Hosting):

Samsie

@verizon.net
ScrawnyB i am also near harrisburg. new cumberland to be exact. i'm not 50/25 i'm 25/25 but your test results are very different then mine

as you can see its actually gotten worse. my download speeds are fine but mu upload has become almost nothing

Help!

jcondon

join:2000-05-27
Fishkill, NY
On the Frederick's server I was getting 35/1.5 last night and 38/3 this am from NY. I wouldn't trust their upload as a good test of anything. I am on 50/25 and usually get 30-31 on the upload to a decent server.

I get 28 upload or so to the Reliable hosting server in Baltimore and 31 upload or so to the Comcast server in Balitmore.

hubrisnxs

join:2009-12-30
Fountain Valley, CA
kudos:2
I find with torrent software I get better performance after I make sure the program is allowed full access through my firewall on my pc. I don't think I had to do any PF's in my router, so I would check that, and also the utorrent support forums. There are a lot of tweaks you can do to utorrent to make it perform better.