Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Gardentool

join:2013-01-18
Oklahoma City, OK
reply to cybersleauth

Re: Leaving AT&T U-Verse FTTP after 2 years :(

Cybersleauth: I am happy it works for you, and others, but I never did get DMZ+ to work quite right for me.

Even if what Tech007 is saying is true, why can't they have matching speeds for both copper and fiber? I probably would have considered staying an Internet customer if 24/3 was really available on FTTP, but as far as AT&T's availability checker it still shows it is not. And I do not trust the words of a customer service rep who doesn't understand the differences between FTTP and FTTN installations. AT&T deciding to (re)brand all their services as U-Verse is only causing confusion for both customers and their low-level employees.

cybersleauth

join:2012-03-04
Livonia, MI
reply to cybersleauth

Yes first I set the dmz zone on the router then reading the article I checked the router behind router box. Disabling everything except ping. I needed ping for the IPV6 Tunnel service from Hurricane Electric. I Tried automatic settings for IPV6 on MY D-link 825 version B. But not luck, so I used the manual settings page and I must have had enough information from Hurricane Electric to get IPV6 works on All my computers. Voila Route able IP address and a website on every pc using my At&T Uverse service.
»www.viewcrafters.com

dahan

join:2000-10-25
Leander, TX
reply to cybersleauth

said by cybersleauth:

The router can do bridge mode. I even have an IPV6 tunnel passing through.

DMZ+ isn't bridge mode, although it's close enough for a lot of things. But people who need a true bridge mode are SOL.

cybersleauth

join:2012-03-04
Livonia, MI
reply to Gardentool

The router can do bridge mode. I even have an IPV6 tunnel passing through.
»scottworldblog.wordpress.com/201···extreme/

cybersleauth
Hobby Website: »www.viewcrafters.com