uniqs

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
join:2009-07-08
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson

Premium Member

Significant outage across Southeast US?

My UVerse TV/Internet is out in New Orleans. Others around me in New Orleans are also out.

Official AT&T forum has people out as well. Spokesman on phone told me it was a significant outage across a lot of the country. On the official forums, people are out in Texas, Florida, etc....»forums.att.com/t5/Featur ··· /3407509
doubleohwhat
join:2008-10-25
Birmingham, AL

doubleohwhat

No issues here (Birmingham, AL). The issue must be with AT&T areas more to the south.
burns113
join:2002-07-13
Louisville, KY

burns113 to Bill Neilson

to Bill Neilson
Mine was out earlier for almost three hours, my brother who lives three blocks away was never out. Internet still having some spotty issues, but TV/phone works.
jm_in_TX
join:2004-11-26
Euless, TX

jm_in_TX to Bill Neilson

to Bill Neilson
In Euless (DFW) TX my residential gateway has broadband "connected" and internet "connecting" with no IP address so no internet/TV. AT&T customer chat confirms an outage. Neighbors have tx.rr.com and they are up. Go figure.

joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

joako

Premium Member

Lost service around 2:00 am per the alert from my alarm monitoring. Been on hold for about 20 minutes calling in and figured I would check here.

Broadband light green, service light red. Was pinging the RG but could not access it. Rebooted and can't even ping it, assumed it just went bad.
WhyMe420
Premium Member
join:2009-04-06

WhyMe420 to doubleohwhat

Premium Member

to doubleohwhat
Same.
framemainer
Premium Member
join:2004-12-11
Atlanta, GA

framemainer to Bill Neilson

Premium Member

to Bill Neilson
Down here until about 3:25 EST. Just outside Atlanta.
SCCutler
join:2001-02-22
Dallas, TX

SCCutler to Bill Neilson

to Bill Neilson
North Dallas, same issue ("connecting" but no IP address) in same time frame. Pain in the tookus.

Now up.

mcmtn
@myvzw.com

mcmtn to framemainer

Anon

to framemainer
Since 2 am in Memphis as well

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17

Darknessfall

Premium Member

So is this only in the SE? We still have service in CT.

MOWAA
join:2010-03-25
Fort Lauderdale, FL

MOWAA to Bill Neilson

to Bill Neilson
Was out in South Florida during the overnight of the 22nd.. had to power cycle my modem 4 times and it came back up at my condo.

Surprisingly at my office the backup U-Verse line never went down as a business clt.

PSLFL
@sbcglobal.net

PSLFL to Darknessfall

Anon

to Darknessfall
I'm in Port St. Lucie FL and our U-Verse video is very choppy. Reset the Residential Gateway and the receivers, but that isn't working. Now, we're getting 'Failed to Load Resources' errors.

Internet is working fine.

(We don't have U-Verse phone service, so dunno if that's down or not.)
BioProf
join:2011-11-13
Homestead, FL

BioProf to Bill Neilson

to Bill Neilson
Out for the last few hours in southern Florida. AT&T's online troubleshooter is completely useless as it simply reports connectivity between my computer and my iNid (accessed via dial-up modem as I am doing now).

CFByrne
@sbcglobal.net

CFByrne

Anon

In West Palm Beach, FL I was out Monday 1/21 from appx 11 AM thru 2AM Tuesday morning 1/22. Back up now.

jbob
Reach Out and Touch Someone
Premium Member
join:2004-04-26
Little Rock, AR
·Comcast XFINITY
Asus GT-AX6000
Asus RT-AC66U B1

jbob to Bill Neilson

Premium Member

to Bill Neilson
I have a friend across town who has been the unluckiest person with Comcast. After several years of crappy service he finally switched over to UVerse. Well today, of all days, he is scheduled for a hook up. And wouldn't you know it...they have a huge outage and can't get his new gateway working to even see how it runs.

How does such a wide outage actually happen? I had heard it was a DNS failure of some kind. If you left your modem/gateway powered up you probably wouldn't see a problem but if you power cycled or renewed your WAN IP you were toast.

ScottL
@mckesson.com

ScottL to Bill Neilson

Anon

to Bill Neilson
In North Atlanta, we have been out for some time. It looks like the outage for us started around 1AM on 01/22/2013.

Blake
@mycingular.net

Blake to jm_in_TX

Anon

to jm_in_TX
said by jm_in_TX:

In Euless (DFW) TX my residential gateway has broadband "connected" and internet "connecting" with no IP address so no internet/TV. AT&T customer chat confirms an outage. Neighbors have tx.rr.com and they are up. Go figure.

Same thing north of Tulsa, Oklahoma
melonduck
join:2004-07-19
Atlanta, GA

melonduck to Bill Neilson

to Bill Neilson
My Uverse was working fine until I restarted it . Then, I found out about the network outage when I called into their tech support line.

For my own future reference: check for any network outage before restarting my modem.
x_789
join:2004-04-17
Maramec, OK

x_789 to jm_in_TX

to jm_in_TX
said by jm_in_TX:

Same thing in Tulsa OK tried calling worthless 18002020 and that IVR is worthless. Finally got through to tech support number got message of indian guy saying they are having issues then was disconnected. Terrible!

MK36
@bankersx.com

MK36 to Bill Neilson

Anon

to Bill Neilson
Mine has been out here in Plano, since ca 1 pm 1/21/2013.
No help beyond the automated recording about a network outage. Now I'm without TV, phone or internet at home!

atlbuckhead
@nuvox.net

atlbuckhead to x_789

Anon

to x_789
Yep! Out this morning since I got up at 6:30. Was on hold with ATT for 2 hours!!

Dial23
@mycingular.net

Dial23 to Bill Neilson

Anon

to Bill Neilson
Out in Memphis,TN since 5:50 this morning.
cissjbk
join:2010-11-17
West Columbia, SC

cissjbk to Bill Neilson

to Bill Neilson
No outages for any of my customers in the Columbia SC area.

ATT in TN
@mycingular.net

ATT in TN to Bill Neilson

Anon

to Bill Neilson
Still down in Nashville, TN
JasonU
join:2006-01-06
Memphis, TN

JasonU to Bill Neilson

to Bill Neilson
Out since 5:41 am on 1/22/13 here in Memphis, TN.

Smyrna GA
@comcastbusiness.net

Smyrna GA to Bill Neilson

Anon

to Bill Neilson
Out in Smyrna, GA. Was told during an online chat (via cell phone) with support that it was a significant nationwide outage.

South Florid
@myvzw.com

South Florid to Bill Neilson

Anon

to Bill Neilson
Out in Fort Lauderdale, Florida as well all morning.

rdu_uverse
@redhat.com

rdu_uverse to Bill Neilson

Anon

to Bill Neilson
Just got off support chat w/ at&t - "4-8 more hours" for the outage, and it affects "multiple states".
Ours here in NC has been down since yesterday evening.
Crazy how they bury the outage info, making people wait in chat or phone queue, instead of just posting a big yellow banner on the support page...
Hickey01
join:2013-01-22

Hickey01 to Bill Neilson

to Bill Neilson
Still out in NW Houston, TX since yesterday 6pm CST on Uverse TV and Intenet. Still getting general outage MSG from Indian dept. and don't understand how co. this big can take this long and not have decency to have someone stateside address it or post update! Too many problems for too long now but this one takes the cake. This is the last chance I can give for what I pay. Can anyone recommend a decent competitor for HD tv and Internet bundle?
brockalee
join:2003-08-17
Waycross, GA

brockalee

Jacksonville, Fl checking in. Connectivity problems last night 10ish, completely out this morning. Customer service says no info on what time it will be up. "Could be up this evening, tomorrow, or later..."