uniqs
share rss forum feed

cissjbk

join:2010-11-17
Irmo, SC
Reviews:
·Comporium
reply to Bill Neilson

Re: Significant outage across Southeast US?

What I find very interesting is that Martin Luther King Day has been a bad day (yeah, I know that the outage was the next morning, but it sure is close) for AT&T before: In 1990 a great portion of the AT&T Long Distance Network went down on MLK day... took them all day to fix the problem.

Travis299

join:2004-08-03
Cary, NC
Expand your moderator at work

KillRoy

join:2002-07-22
Nashville, TN
reply to Bill Neilson

Nashville TN

Ours was out completely yesterday morning and right before we left for work it all came back on. no issues so far. My Mom has it in Hendersonville TN but she said hers didn't come back till late Monday afternoon.

However there is still a big issue with online gaming especially XBox Live where we're still down. On the Xbox.com site they give a report/update every 30+min and still no fix.

»support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Antonlm

join:2004-09-15
Birmingham, AL
reply to Bill Neilson
Just called again to get an eta.. Originally called this morning. I'm in Birmingham Alabama and the rep says how some areas have been restored. I'm thinking hey, maybe my area would be next. So I ask which areas and she replies "some part of Texas". But she give me a 20.00 cr. and I didn't even ask for it. At that point I knew something was up on their end and decided to check here.

Timothy28

join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX
reply to Anon
Yeah so he had att cut off internet, tv and phone to certain people in certain areas of 18 states. Give me a break.

x_789

join:2004-04-17
Maramec, OK
reply to Bill Neilson
Mine came back sometime this afternoon. Over 36 hours with no service.

jrthomas

join:2002-01-24
Roswell, GA
reply to Bill Neilson
Click for full size
No outage for me in Roswell, GA (30075) during said time period based on my UV realtime stats.

sempergoofy
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA

1 recommendation

reply to Bill Neilson
One of my two Uverse voice VOIP numbers is out. But only one of the two. TV seems to be working.

I don't want to reboot the gateway to see if it fixes anything fearing I will be worse off.
--
nohup rm -fr /&

Elvis

@myvzw.com
reply to Bill Neilson
Get this. Mine is out in Memphis TN and my next door neighbors is not!!! Go figure!!!!

Tpstr

join:2005-09-26
Meraux, LA
Similar situation outside New Orleans. My UVerse is fine, my parents across the street is down. This is the 5th time in 4 months they've been down for over a day.

They are getting a new message from the NVG510, no IP address. I'm guessing they're affected, but I'm just not sure.

Ekalbito

@mycingular.net
reply to Bill Neilson
Just came back from vacation and realized that the services didn't work. I called Uverse technical support and it appears I was affected since Jan 22. I have been trying to get a clear answer from AT&T but hands down they are the most useless people I know as they can't provide any true feedback on what really is going on. I am sure there servers got compromised with an exploit or SQL injection but of course they will not tell you this. I am completely dissatisfied with there service and just changed to Comcast! Get out Now!

Broadbird

join:2013-01-23
Orange Park, FL
Why does anyone need to know anymore than there's a server issue? You cant do anything about it anyway.

Broadbird

@sbc.com
reply to cissjbk
These are the VHO's still affected.....

Atlanta (Tucker),GA
Baton Rouge,LA
Birmingham,AL
Charleston,SC
Charlotte,NC
Columbia,SC
Fayetteville,AR
Greensboro,NC
Greenville,SC
Jackson,MS
Jacksonville,FL
Knoxville,TN
Little Rock,AR
Louisville,KY
Memphis,TN
Miami,FL
Mobile,AL
Nashville,TN
New Orleans,LA
Oklahoma City,OK
Orlando (Daytona Beach),FL
Raleigh,NC
Tulsa,OK
West Palm Beach,FL

Msradell
P.E.
Premium
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY
There are also areas of Louisville, Kentucky that are still affected.
Expand your moderator at work

Frodo

join:2006-05-05
kudos:1
reply to KillRoy

said by KillRoy:

Nashville TN
However there is still a big issue with online gaming especially XBox Live where we're still down. On the Xbox.com site they give a report/update every 30+min and still no fix.

There is an Xbox thread here. I'm reading that when some people experiencing the outage get assigned an IP address, that it is coming with an MTU of 576 which is incompatible with Xbox.

To check and see if you got the right MTU, on the 3600 and probably the 3800, check in the modem under settings, Broadband, status. Right underneath the Mac address is the MTU setting that is being reported being set at 576. Since I'm not part of this outage, mine is showing 1500.

AngryDallas

join:2010-12-06
Dallas, TX
reply to Bill Neilson
AT&T now claiming the service is back up everywhere.

Is it?

I don't believe them!

join:2013-01-22
USA
reply to Bill Neilson
Mine was out last night, from about 10pm until at least 130am when I went to sleep. When I got up this AM, it was back working. Not sure why.

Babbred

join:2013-01-24
Dallas, TX
reply to dbeatson
said by dbeatson:

Unplug your gateway from the power for 5 minutes and than plug it back in, if that doesn't work use the reset button or the web interface the default the gateway, that should being you back online.

We're tried that several times, and nothing happens.

We're here in north Dallas, and we haven't had service since Monday night. I have a technical question. Our TV screen shows solid blue, the AT&T logo, and the message, "client initiation failure" with the option to "quit client". Is this a hardware or software glitch?

The reason I ask is because on Tuesday I got one of those robo calls saying power had been restored in our area. And yet, no service in our home. Just the same message on our TV screen. I have this haunting fear that all my neighbors are back to service but that something is physically wrong with our DVR box. Maybe it's just not rebooting correctly, like a frozen computer? Should we wait out AT&T or try to get a tech out here to replace the box? I might add that we don't have internet, either, so my husband thinks it's the router.

It's just so frustrating because all the lights are on both boxes. They look perfectly normal. Turn on the computer, and it even says "connected to X [our wifi signal]." And yet no TV and no internet. We're pulling our hair out.

And now for the second question: why don't we leave? Short answer, we have a ton of stuff recorded on the DVR box. Maybe not a good reason, but there it is. Also, we've never had a problem with AT&T before, so we're hoping it will just go away and our lives can get back to normal.

However, even we have our limits. If this blasted problem is not fixed by February 6, when our next bill is due, we're out of there. Therefore, can anybody recommend a good replacement? I see this site has an add for Dish. Are they any good?

Babbred

Dallas, TX
reply to AngryDallas
Where did you see that? It sure as heck doesn't work at our house. I swear if I don't get some satisfaction soon I'm going to stuff them.

Lagz
Premium
join:2000-09-03
The Rock
reply to Bill Neilson
I finally have internet again here in central Arkansas. I had been without service for 50+ hours.
--
When somebody tells you nothing is impossible, ask him to dribble a football.

netboy34
Premium
join:2001-08-29
Kennesaw, GA
kudos:1
reply to Babbred
said by Babbred:

We're here in north Dallas, and we haven't had service since Monday night. I have a technical question. Our TV screen shows solid blue, the AT&T logo, and the message, "client initiation failure" with the option to "quit client". Is this a hardware or software glitch?

Just means the box cannot contact AT&T servers to verify that it is an authorized box. Once internet comes back, you can restart the box and it should be fine

AngryDallas

join:2010-12-06
Dallas, TX
reply to Babbred
Where in North Dallas are you?

I'm in far North Dallas near the Collin County/Dallas County line just below where Plano begins and my service came back on early Wednesday morning.

sempergoofy
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
reply to sempergoofy
said by sempergoofy:

One of my two Uverse voice VOIP numbers is out. But only one of the two. TV seems to be working.

I don't want to reboot the gateway to see if it fixes anything fearing I will be worse off.

My voice number that was down last night is back up this morning with no (known) reboot of the gateway.

I have been having some spotty Internet connectivity this morning.

Edit: Correction. I just checked the gateway and see this:
Time Since Last Boot 2 days 9:23:21
--
nohup rm -fr /&

lokee

join:2005-07-23
Benton, AR
reply to Bill Neilson
service came back last night but now internet speeds are slow about 1/2 of what I should be getting.

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
reply to Bill Neilson
I must admit...I did not know a thread I started would ever hit 10k views

The power of UVerse hatred

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
reply to Bill Neilson
»forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-H···/page/19

"Hey all, As you may have seen, U-verse service has been restored for the vast majority of our customers affected by the outage. We expect any remaining customer issues will be resolved this morning. We will provide a credit to customers who were affected. We know our customers count on their U-verse service and we apologize for the inconvenience.

We'll issue credits to customers we know were impacted based on the length of their outage. The credit will automatically appear on your bill within 30-60 days. You don't have to call about the credit now, but if after 60 days, you don't see a credit, please give us a call.

Thank you very much for your patience and updates in this thread."

UverseTech2

join:2012-08-04
I would definitely rely on anything automatic. Make sure you call and tell them what you want. CRC (customer retention center) #800-928-6878.

This is the result of a poorly maintained infrastructure, bottom line. Wonder how the fanboys will try to spin this.

ChampMom

Goldsboro, NC
sure, you go ahead and call and tell them what they want. You will be holding for 2 + hours.