share rss forum feed

mjf
" "
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-05
New Orleans, LA
kudos:3
reply to x_789

Re: Significant outage across Southeast US?

I have not had an outage in New Orleans. My line monitor is posted AT&T Southeast.

kenrins

@spcsdns.net
reply to x_789
Mine just says this over and over in logs.

src=192.168.1.76 dst=192.168.2.8 ipprot=17 sport=7547 dport=3478 Drop traffic to 192.168.0.0/16

DSL link is ok but no IP address on the gateway

esteeze

join:2013-01-22
Birmingham, AL
reply to doubleohwhat
Outage here in Hoover, AL. Was down all evening for about 5 hours.
Expand your moderator at work

RocketJeff
Premium
join:2008-08-20
Birmingham, AL
reply to esteeze

Re: Significant outage across Southeast US?

said by esteeze:

Outage here in Hoover, AL. Was down all evening for about 5 hours.

Interesting, I'm barely outside of Hoover's east side (well under a mile) in unincorporated Shelby County - I haven't had even a blip all day. The RG shows "Cum. Seconds w/Errors" as 1 in the past 24 hours and 4 uncorrected blocks.

Looking at the reports, the outage seems very hit or miss even in the areas that are supposed to be suffering the most.

doubleohwhat

join:2008-10-25
Birmingham, AL
The outage is/was definitely hit or miss. My neighbor was without internet for several hours today and mine never went down for a second.

PJ

@mycingular.net
reply to cissjbk
Wrong. I'm out in Columbia SC and have been out all day.

And why do you only get a guy in India when you call?

AngryDallas

join:2010-12-06
Dallas, TX

2 edits
reply to Bill Neilson
Mine has been out here in Dallas, TX since about 5 pm yesterday.

It just came back on.

So that's at least 9 3/4 hrs it was out.

The AT&T Tech Support Rep told me the UVerse outage was limited to a few customers!

Limited?

The 4 different Tech Support websites NON-AFFILIATED with AT&T that I go to said it was Texas, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Tennesse, Louisiana and a couple of other States.

I wouldn't call that LIMITED.

I call that TOTAL FAILURE by AT&T and TOTAL BREACH OF CONTRACT in providing the service they promised!!

Typical AT&T and their LIES!

Unless AT&T also want to claim all the people that posted to those 4 websites and posted their exact City and State location were lying!

I better get my credit for the service outage or they will hear from the FTC, FCC, Texas Attorney General Office, PUC and BBB!

burns113

join:2002-07-13
Louisville, KY
My Uverse was out, the 4 others I know with Uverse in the same city, one being just a couple blocks away, were not out. It does seem it was limited to only a few customers.

EvolveYourse

@comcastbusiness.net
reply to Bill Neilson
Going on about 26 hours straight of no service in Southaven, MS. Just south of Memphis.

AngryDallas

Dallas, TX
reply to burns113
I wouldn't call outage in 10 States (at least) a 'few' customers.

dbeatson
Premium
join:2001-02-22
Clover, SC
reply to Bill Neilson
Looks like their DHCP servers went down, each gateway needs to communicate with the server at a given interval say every 24 hours, to renew the IP address lease, each gateway does that at a random time, those who's lease did not expire while the server was down, were unaffected those that had to renew the lease and couldn't because the sever was down, caused those gateways to drop the IP address they had assigned and therefore those customers lost service, even though their DSL sync was up and running, their gateway had no usable IP address assigned to the gateway.

Looks like their video delivery systems, VOIP systems, and overall network were unaffected, but if your gateway had to renew its public IP address and could not, the gateway dropped your IP and stopped communicating with the rest of the network, until their DHCP server was back up and online.
--
»www.w4lny.com

corabella

@myvzw.com
reply to Bill Neilson
I've been out of all services 24+ hours and counting in Vestavia Hills, Alabama (suburb of Birmingham). AT&T's "rethink possible" slogan. More like "rethink AT&T".

dbeatson
Premium
join:2001-02-22
Clover, SC
Unplug your gateway from the power for 5 minutes and than plug it back in, if that doesn't work use the reset button or the web interface the default the gateway, that should being you back online.
--
»www.w4lny.com

lokee

join:2005-07-23
Benton, AR

1 recommendation

reply to Bill Neilson
Folks in central AR are still out. Wireless carriers are happy to be making $$$ off of data usage right now.

netboy34
Premium
join:2001-08-29
Kennesaw, GA
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to Bill Neilson
I've been back online since yesterday, but I just noticed (because of someone on the ATT forums saw it) that the MTU is set to 576... no wonder xbox has a status alert on their site... »support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

edit:

Also looked at the firewall log... I'm getting a ton of these

INF 2013-01-23T09:55:33-05:00 fw,fwmon src=[new IP] dst=[old IP] ipprot=17 sport=49153 dport=514 Unknown inbound session stopped
INF 2013-01-23T09:57:38-05:00 Previous log entry repeated 3378 times

Annoyed

@mycingular.net
reply to Bill Neilson
Going on 28 hours in Raleigh, nc.

pleblanc

@venyu.com
reply to Bill Neilson
We've been out in Baton Rouge, LA since Monday evening. Got the same robo calls that others may have received stating service was back on in our area but it is not. It does appear to be random and 2 neighbors have not been affected however we STRONGLY encouraged them to not reset their modem box as we were told by a friend that works for AT&T this could be the cause of why some folks were affected and others were not.

Good news is I just had Directv installed and am scheduled to switch phone and internet back to the local cable provider Cox. Goodbye AT&T. Not going to miss you even a little.

AngryDallas

Dallas, TX
reply to Bill Neilson
At the AT&T Facebook page, there are people saying they been out for as long as 3 days and still no service.

»www.facebook.com/ATT?fref=ts

mackey
Premium
join:2007-08-20
kudos:14
reply to AngryDallas
said by AngryDallas:

Limited?

The 4 different Tech Support websites NON-AFFILIATED with AT&T that I go to said it was Texas, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Tennesse, Louisiana and a couple of other States.

Remember, this is AT&T. As it was only land line services and was only in those states, to them it's limited.

At any rate, in the areas they serve they're THE phone company. What are you gonna do?

/M

UverseTech2

join:2012-08-04
reply to Bill Neilson
Maybe it's time to try a backup option like a cable internet option for the 30 day trial. I have charter here never been down since august 11 when it was installed except when I powered off the modem, not once due to charter. For an avg. $30/mo for 18Mb/1.5, for cox and twc, 30Mb/4 for charter, what do you have to loose, definitely not your connection

BB4ME
One Marble Short
Premium
join:2003-05-06
Mustang, OK
reply to Bill Neilson
Still out in the 73064 area. Been down for 2 days and counting.

Mom

@rr.com
reply to cissjbk
Outage since yesterday, U-verse and home phone.

NCcust

@myvzw.com
reply to dbeatson
Solution provided did not work. Still no Uverse service in Raleigh NC for 48+ hours.

Travis299

join:2004-08-03
Cary, NC
reply to Bill Neilson
My neighbor's UVERSE has been out for 2 days while mine is fine here in Cary, NC. We are 800' from the VRAD. What in hell is going on with AT&T??? Does anyone have a clue as to WTF is causing this outage???

Thanks

BB4ME
One Marble Short
Premium
join:2003-05-06
Mustang, OK
reply to Bill Neilson
This is off the AT&T facebook page.

»www.facebook.com/ATT

quote:
Status Update
By AT&T
We know we have a U-verse issue affecting less than 1 percent of our U-verse subscribers, but that is too many. We are working hard to fix this and making progress -- the issue is related to servers. We still are working to determine when service will be completely restored. We sincerely apologize for this.

Lagz
Premium
join:2000-09-03
The Rock
reply to dbeatson
said by dbeatson:

Looks like their DHCP servers went down, each gateway needs to communicate with the server at a given interval say every 24 hours, to renew the IP address lease, each gateway does that at a random time, those who's lease did not expire while the server was down, were unaffected those that had to renew the lease and couldn't because the sever was down, caused those gateways to drop the IP address they had assigned and therefore those customers lost service, even though their DSL sync was up and running, their gateway had no usable IP address assigned to the gateway.

Looks like their video delivery systems, VOIP systems, and overall network were unaffected, but if your gateway had to renew its public IP address and could not, the gateway dropped your IP and stopped communicating with the rest of the network, until their DHCP server was back up and online.

I have a static ip block and have been down going on 40 hours without service in centrl Arkansas. My mobile services still work, go figure.
--
When somebody tells you nothing is impossible, ask him to dribble a football.

esteeze

join:2013-01-22
Birmingham, AL
reply to AngryDallas
Add "Alabama" to your state list.

cissjbk

join:2010-11-17
Irmo, SC
reply to PJ
Still no issues at any of my customer sites, and an employee's home, today.... must be sporadic.

srg

@67.239.151.x
reply to Bill Neilson
Anyone in or around Raleigh, NC have service back yet?