spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

UverseTech2

join:2012-08-04
reply to Bill Neilson

Re: Significant outage across Southeast US?

Maybe it's time to try a backup option like a cable internet option for the 30 day trial. I have charter here never been down since august 11 when it was installed except when I powered off the modem, not once due to charter. For an avg. $30/mo for 18Mb/1.5, for cox and twc, 30Mb/4 for charter, what do you have to loose, definitely not your connection

BB4ME
One Marble Short
Premium
join:2003-05-06
Mustang, OK
reply to Bill Neilson
Still out in the 73064 area. Been down for 2 days and counting.

Mom

@rr.com
reply to cissjbk
Outage since yesterday, U-verse and home phone.

NCcust

@myvzw.com
reply to dbeatson
Solution provided did not work. Still no Uverse service in Raleigh NC for 48+ hours.

Travis299

join:2004-08-03
Cary, NC
reply to Bill Neilson
My neighbor's UVERSE has been out for 2 days while mine is fine here in Cary, NC. We are 800' from the VRAD. What in hell is going on with AT&T??? Does anyone have a clue as to WTF is causing this outage???

Thanks

BB4ME
One Marble Short
Premium
join:2003-05-06
Mustang, OK
reply to Bill Neilson
This is off the AT&T facebook page.

»www.facebook.com/ATT

quote:
Status Update
By AT&T
We know we have a U-verse issue affecting less than 1 percent of our U-verse subscribers, but that is too many. We are working hard to fix this and making progress -- the issue is related to servers. We still are working to determine when service will be completely restored. We sincerely apologize for this.

Lagz
Premium
join:2000-09-03
The Rock
reply to dbeatson
said by dbeatson:

Looks like their DHCP servers went down, each gateway needs to communicate with the server at a given interval say every 24 hours, to renew the IP address lease, each gateway does that at a random time, those who's lease did not expire while the server was down, were unaffected those that had to renew the lease and couldn't because the sever was down, caused those gateways to drop the IP address they had assigned and therefore those customers lost service, even though their DSL sync was up and running, their gateway had no usable IP address assigned to the gateway.

Looks like their video delivery systems, VOIP systems, and overall network were unaffected, but if your gateway had to renew its public IP address and could not, the gateway dropped your IP and stopped communicating with the rest of the network, until their DHCP server was back up and online.

I have a static ip block and have been down going on 40 hours without service in centrl Arkansas. My mobile services still work, go figure.
--
When somebody tells you nothing is impossible, ask him to dribble a football.

esteeze

join:2013-01-22
Birmingham, AL
reply to AngryDallas
Add "Alabama" to your state list.

cissjbk

join:2010-11-17
Irmo, SC
reply to PJ
Still no issues at any of my customer sites, and an employee's home, today.... must be sporadic.

srg

@67.239.151.x
reply to Bill Neilson
Anyone in or around Raleigh, NC have service back yet?

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2002-12-03
United State
Reviews:
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink
reply to Bill Neilson
AT&T issued a statement that the outage is related to Cisco and AT&T hardware conflict issues. It effects six or seven states the most significantly.

In my opinion after having SWB internet with only one 20 minute outage in over two years, what ever happened is not only very regrettable and very embarrassing to AT&T, it is also highly irregular.

Y'all can't do a thing except wait. With a little luck you will be back on line this weekend. I've seen this happen on a small scale. It can be very big issue to correct.
--
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside

rhuian

@spcsdns.net
reply to Travis299
I am out 36 hours now. My folks who live 4 doors down have service restored.

dbeatson
Premium
join:2001-02-22
Clover, SC
reply to Lagz
Your static IP still relies on the primary public IP assigned to the gateway by the DHCP server, if that IP cannot connect you will have no authentication for your gateway to access the network until that IP is refreshed.
--
»www.w4lny.com

Lagz
Premium
join:2000-09-03
The Rock
said by dbeatson:

Your static IP still relies on the primary public IP assigned to the gateway by the DHCP server, if that IP cannot connect you will have no authentication for your gateway to access the network until that IP is refreshed.

Yep I am aware of that, just letting the thread know that it's even effecting static users.
--
When somebody tells you nothing is impossible, ask him to dribble a football.

netboy34
Premium
join:2001-08-29
Kennesaw, GA
kudos:1
What is even more fun was yesterday I could ping my gateway, had TV, but my statics were dead... had to restart my gateway, and run the ufix utility from my phone for the system to update my new gateway address...

UverseTech2

join:2012-08-04
reply to Bill Neilson
Talked to a buddy of mine in the St Louis area and it's going on here as well. They were instructed not to reset any RGs. Looks like someones in trouble in the IT dept.

SunburnGoose

@mycingular.net
reply to mackey
I'm in unincorporated Shelby county near 65 and lost connection yesterday morning when Uverse support came out to troubleshoot an ongoing issue. So now I wait, 36hrs into the blackout.

shortyd999

join:2008-10-21
Birmingham, AL
reply to Bill Neilson
I must be one of the lucky ones, I haven't experience any issues with my Uverse service during this outage (I only have TV). I'm also in Birmingham. Ask my friend who lives north of the city and she hasn't had any issues. My sister however did experience issues yesterday for a few hours but is back up and running (she is in Hunstville). Hopefully they can resolve this issue for everyone very soon.
--
Broadband provided by Bright House RR
TV provided by AT&T Uverse
AT&T DSL Tech Support Rep
Helping To The Best of My Abilities Within The Confines of My Corporate Overloard

jbob
Reach Out and Touch Someone
Premium
join:2004-04-26
Little Rock, AR
reply to Bill Neilson
This outage effects less than 1% of AT&T Uverse customers

A local online edition posted an article with a response from someone at AT&T. Here is a partial quote of the article.....

quote:
AT&T wouldn’t offer precise numbers on how many customers were affected, and there was no indication when the service might be restored.

“AT&T customers in some of our markets are experiencing issues with U-verse service. This issue currently affects less than 1 percent of our U-verse subscribers, but that is too many and we are working hard to fix this," wrote AT&T spokesman Anita Smith in an e-mail message.

"We are making progress in resolving the issue which is related to a server complex, and are working to determine when service will be completely restored. We apologize for this inconvenience.”

I'm pretty sure more than 1% of their customers have been affected.

madcostumer

@tmodns.net
reply to ATT Tech1
can you please fix this already it'd ridiculous. we better get compensated

cissjbk

join:2010-11-17
Irmo, SC
Reviews:
·Comporium
reply to Bill Neilson
What I find very interesting is that Martin Luther King Day has been a bad day (yeah, I know that the outage was the next morning, but it sure is close) for AT&T before: In 1990 a great portion of the AT&T Long Distance Network went down on MLK day... took them all day to fix the problem.

Travis299

join:2004-08-03
Cary, NC
Expand your moderator at work

KillRoy

join:2002-07-22
Nashville, TN
reply to Bill Neilson

Re: Significant outage across Southeast US?

Nashville TN

Ours was out completely yesterday morning and right before we left for work it all came back on. no issues so far. My Mom has it in Hendersonville TN but she said hers didn't come back till late Monday afternoon.

However there is still a big issue with online gaming especially XBox Live where we're still down. On the Xbox.com site they give a report/update every 30+min and still no fix.

»support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Antonlm

join:2004-09-15
Birmingham, AL
reply to Bill Neilson
Just called again to get an eta.. Originally called this morning. I'm in Birmingham Alabama and the rep says how some areas have been restored. I'm thinking hey, maybe my area would be next. So I ask which areas and she replies "some part of Texas". But she give me a 20.00 cr. and I didn't even ask for it. At that point I knew something was up on their end and decided to check here.

Timothy28

join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX
reply to Anon
Yeah so he had att cut off internet, tv and phone to certain people in certain areas of 18 states. Give me a break.

x_789

join:2004-04-17
Maramec, OK
reply to Bill Neilson
Mine came back sometime this afternoon. Over 36 hours with no service.

jrthomas

join:2002-01-24
Roswell, GA
reply to Bill Neilson
Click for full size
No outage for me in Roswell, GA (30075) during said time period based on my UV realtime stats.

sempergoofy
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA

1 recommendation

reply to Bill Neilson
One of my two Uverse voice VOIP numbers is out. But only one of the two. TV seems to be working.

I don't want to reboot the gateway to see if it fixes anything fearing I will be worse off.
--
nohup rm -fr /&

Elvis

@myvzw.com
reply to Bill Neilson
Get this. Mine is out in Memphis TN and my next door neighbors is not!!! Go figure!!!!