Chicago, IL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·magicjack.com
·Comcast
·Vonage
reply to EG

Re: [Connectivity] North Side Chicago/ What's going on??

said by EG:

Was anything on your LAN /home network accessing the internet at that time ? Is the wireless radio enabled ? If so, do you have it locked down ?

I noticed a lot of random times where the connection seems slow and packet loss was occurring. I changed the MAC address on the Wireless Router and rebooted the cable modem and now got a new IP address. I think I was holding on to the same IP address for over a year now. The latency is a lot lower now.
I have a secured regular connection and a open guest account that requires a password when opening a internet browser. The router setup page is password protected as well.

Before : Ping statistics for 64.86.137.29:
Packets: Sent = 27, Received = 27, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 17ms, Maximum = 1653ms, Average = 562ms

After: Ping statistics for 64.86.137.29:
Packets: Sent = 279, Received = 279, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 10ms, Maximum = 63ms, Average = 18ms

GrStaKa

@comcast.net
I've been having issues too... It seems as though they just cleared up though. I am getting path pings to google with 10-15% packet loss and 200-600ms pings. I went as far as downloading TCPView and akamai funneled 300 MB of garbage to my PC in under 30 minutes. It was ridiculous! I haven't been able to do anything for days.

I called comcast twice, they stated my connection was fine... I agreed with them. My connection was fine... it is their connection that is broke!