Link Logger
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB
kudos:3

1 edit

Gadgeteer Palm Tree Monitor

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXWvKAtISXw

A Gadgeteer device which uses a built in web server, email, COSM and tweets to publish conditions including soil moisture, light, humidity, temperature etc affecting my office palms.

Twitter for Office Palms
»twitter.com/OfficePalms

COSM realtime data for my Office Palms
»cosm.com/feeds/78110

Library used to send Twitter Messages:
»microtweet.codeplex.com/

'Getting Started with the Internet of Things' code used to send data to COSM
»www.gsiot.info/

Source code available here:
»www.tinyclr.com/codeshare/entry/639

Blake
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7

said by Link Logger:

Gadgeteer device which uses a built in web server, email, COSM and tweets to publish conditions including soil moisture, light, humidity, temperature etc affecting my office palms.

Admit it. You are secretly one of the four guys in this photo. That's really the only explanation I can come up with why you created a palm tree monitor.

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB
kudos:3

I did because I could, but really I'm interested in the next 'BIG' thing in IT and that is the Internet of Things (IoT), so was looking for something challenging that I could 'internet' and my Palm Trees seemed up to the challenge. The next thing was to cover off ways we used to connect, email, web server, client server and make those work and then connect via twitter and do it all with the same device at the same time with a $30 mainboard (and no soldering).

So am I one of 'those' guys, yep I'm probably Sheldon who somehow ended up marrying Penny, except now its 30 years later and he has Grand Kids.

Blake
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool