spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JeffinNOLA

@cox.net

Snowy TV

I upgraded to a newer LED LCD TV lately. I see that there is more background noise than more old one. The very slight fuzzy effect you see if you stand within 3 feet of it. HD channels are perfect. Is there any way to fix that? Noise reduction is on, but not making a big difference. My 4 year old tv did a better job of filtering analoge noise. Panasonic TC-L42E50 42 inch 120hz.

I switched splitters but that made no difference. Do I have to purchase a $2000 TV to see any difference?

Camelot One
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-21
Greenwood, IN
kudos:1

What source are you using? (OTA, Cable box, Tivo, etc) And what type of cables do you have running from the box to the TV?

JeffinNOLA

@cox.net

DVD Recorder. I made no changes since the last tv but it must be more sensitive to noise.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2

Or, maybe the DVD recorder... Try without it hooked up.

Camelot One
Premium,MVM
Greenwood, IN
reply to JeffinNOLA

said by JeffinNOLA :

DVD Recorder. I made no changes since the last tv but it must be more sensitive to noise.

If you are using a DVD Recorder, then your "source" is in Standard Def. TVs use a lot of different upscaling chips and techniques to make SD fill the screen. The difference you are seeing may just be a different upscaler.
Try feeding the TV an HD signal and see what happens. Also make sure you are using a digital connection, and not analog. And then buy yourself an HD recorder.

JeffinNOLA

@cox.net

I'm not prepaired to spend more money on cable service than I already am.

Camelot One
Premium,MVM
Greenwood, IN

said by JeffinNOLA :

I'm not prepaired to spend more money on cable service than I already am.

Completely understandable, but it means you just need to get used to the snowy picture.