share rss forum feed

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to FFH5

Re: re:Mixed Response to Comcast in Expanding Net Access

The article's title is misleading, I think, designed to bring the most eyeballs. If you read the article, the response to Internet Essentials is overwhelmingly positive. They quoted one person talking about Comcast advertising concerns but other then that it was all positive.

In fact, the only main concern I've heard from OTHER articles (not this one) is the fact that many of these "poor" households have pay TV (Cable) and that to drop the internet and "un-bundle" it just to sign up for this $10 a month plan might actually cost them money PLUS Comcast's requirement that you can't have had Internet from them for 90 days. So people who already have Comcast Cable TV and internet may not find any benefit and may have to turn off internet for months to qualify--- thereby making adoption of the program slower. All these concerns aren't mentioned in this particular article.

I think they just are trolling for more readership.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

battleop

join:2005-09-28
"The article's title is misleading, I think, designed to bring the most eyeballs."

Say it ain't so.....
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.