spc
Search similar:

uniqs
nikmagid
join:2001-04-19
Los Angeles, CA

nikmagid

[Help] notification sounds

on my new zte warp sequent, i can only have 1 sound for all of my notifications. this gets to be very annoying. is there a way, through an app or otherwise, to change this so i can have a different sound for each type of notification?
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope

Premium Member

A quick search revealed the users manual. Page 24 addresses notifications. I'm not sure that the phone itself will allow all different notifications but some can be changed (such as making them different for each caller).

»www.boostmobile.com/shop ··· uent.pdf

I don't find any apps that will over-ride the notification ability of the phone itself.

Nick
Purveyor of common sense
MVM
join:2000-10-29
Smithtown, NY

Nick to nikmagid

MVM

to nikmagid
Is it that only 1 notification sound shows up when you go to change it? Or is there no option for this?

Also, a lot of the applications that do use notification functionality also usually allow to change it to a different notification sound (as long as there's other sounds available to select from of course)

You can usually add sounds by placing them into /mnt/sdcard/media/notifications or whatever the writable location for your phone is.

bbrcat
Remembering Lisa...
MVM
join:2000-12-09
FL
·Comcast XFINITY
ARRIS SBG900

bbrcat to nikmagid

MVM

to nikmagid
Maybe d/l some sounds/songs/etc and see if it lets you change from that file,in my case, the My Music folder.I had a similar proglem on my Drois Razr and discovered it was due to my setting all my contacts to the exact same 'notifications'(by default) so that might be worth looking into also.
badgorilla
join:2013-04-15
Columbia, MO

badgorilla to nikmagid

to nikmagid
you can have different notification sounds... though you only get to select one default tone in settings, you can go individually to different applications and set notifications specific to it [example: go to messages - settings - tone - select; similarly for email, facebook, etc]
nikmagid
join:2001-04-19
Los Angeles, CA

nikmagid

yeah that's what i ended up doing.