cchhat01
Dr. Zoidberg
join:2001-05-01
Elmhurst, NY

cchhat01 to lighthouseJ

to lighthouseJ

Re: [Speed] Slow peak time speeds - Elmhurst, NY

said by lighthouseJ:

yooo I just called they are sending a tech out wensday hopefully they fix my issue

Keep me posted.
I'm changing out my modem.
If they fix your issue, I'll have them service my block as well to see what the deal is.
Again, please keep me posted.

Thanks,
Chiggy
thecrisis
join:2006-01-13
Long Island City, NY

thecrisis

On the 25/2 package - I've noticed very slow peak speeds this month as well in Astoria, Queens. Stange thing is that it's been only happening in the last couple weeks or so. Before then, rock solid 25/2 on my DOCSIS 3 modem.

cchhat01
Dr. Zoidberg
join:2001-05-01
Elmhurst, NY

cchhat01

said by thecrisis:

On the 25/2 package - I've noticed very slow peak speeds this month as well in Astoria, Queens. Stange thing is that it's been only happening in the last couple weeks or so. Before then, rock solid 25/2 on my DOCSIS 3 modem.

Note sure why I'm not getting updates on this post but thats another story.
I have to agree that peak speeds have deteriorated on my 50/6 connection as well. However, when I was on 25/2 I didn't really care much of the speeds during peak time. I opted to continue my RCN connection for the month I had FiOS, just to see how stable FiOS was (It was blazing) and hence I ignored my RCN connection. I suspect things got worse during that time.
I had cancelled RCN near the end of the FiOS trial (well it wasn't a "trial" until verizon decided to cut my service off). But ended up going back to RCN for the 50/6 package and ever since, speeds have been nothing short of crap during peak times. Sometimes bordering close to 5-7 mbps between 8-9 pm. Upload seems to stay unaffected.

Hope they do something soon. I might just schedule a tech appt for a saturday to show them how bad things are. Any other day (meaning before 5pm) would just be normal so they won't "see" what "bad" speeds are.

KThxBye

NYKnicks517

Anon

I just had a tech at my house in Maspeth to check up on my speed issues. He swap the modems and splitters. Still no change. He had RCN test the line for static, which showed up. They will be returning on Friday to fix the line from the pole.

Also, the tech told me from Astoria to Middle Village are all having speed issues. RCN is having problems out of thier Woodside hub. Yet, phone support said they see no service issues on thier end.