kdwycha

join:2003-01-30
Riverview, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to Mr_Otis

Re: Misnamed

said by Mr_Otis :

Aren't all guns 'semi-automatic'? At least, all those that are not machine guns? Pull the trigger, gun fires. Pull the trigger, gun fires. Semi-automatic.

I believe a one shot musket would be semi-automatic as well considering you can reload it with powder, place the ball inside and fire it at a rate of about 1 shot every minute. So I guess no muskets are allowed to be displayed or pointed on TWC commercials either.

(Well maybe not considering the definition is b of a firearm : able to fire repeatedly but requiring release and another pressure of the trigger for each successive shot)

battleop

join:2005-09-28
Not true. If the ONLY action needed to reload and shoot again is pulling the trigger then it's Semi-Automatic. If you have to do anything else between rounds then it's not Semi-Automatic.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

Telco

join:2008-12-19
reply to kdwycha
I see what your mean. One shot every 60 seconds versus the 30 rounds Lanza fired off in 27 seconds.

TheRogueX

join:2003-03-26
Springfield, MO
reply to kdwycha
Uh, well no, muskets aren't semi-automatic. And a good musket marksman can easily fire 3 shots in 1 minute.