how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cronk

join:2005-07-16
reply to Cronk

Re: Open a pdf in browser vs in application

I've just installed FoxIt reader on a Vista machine. During install I de-selected the browser plugins and told it do not open pdf's in the browser when it asked me. Yet when I am using Chrome, pdf files still open in the browser. Any ideas?

Thanks

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

said by Cronk:

I've just installed FoxIt reader on a Vista machine. During install I de-selected the browser plugins and told it do not open pdf's in the browser when it asked me. Yet when I am using Chrome, pdf files still open in the browser. Any ideas?

Doesn't Chrome have a built-in pdf plug-in viewer that you have to manually disable to stop in-browser viewing? (in the address bar, enter about:plugins > locate Chrome pdf viewer > click Disable)
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville

Cronk

join:2005-07-16

said by Blackbird See Profile
Doesn't Chrome have a built-in pdf plug-in viewer that you have to manually disable to stop in-browser viewing? (in the address bar, enter about:plugins > locate Chrome pdf viewer > click Disable)
[/BQUOTE :

OK I'll look into that when I get back on that machine. Thanks