Search similar:

uniqs
joe94395
join:2006-04-10
Taylors, SC

1 recommendation

joe94395

AT&T doesn't know how to compete

They don't know how to compete. They only know how to conquer anyone who is being remotely competitive. I'm so happy they weren't allowed to buy T-Mobile. I'm enjoying my $24 per month cell phone bill so much!

JasonOD
@comcast.net

JasonOD

Anon

Dude, ATT didn't get to wherre they are today without competing and succeeding the the marketplace giving millions of new customers what they want and who find value in their services.

If you want to critisize, look at sprint's crippling nextel and clearwire debacles, which effectively took them out of the game as a legitimate provider. Or Verizon's selling out to a foreign carrier.
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
Westell 6100
Cisco PIX 501

cramer

Premium Member

They didn't "compete" with anything. They started out as a protected monopoly... Regional Bell Operating Companies ("RBOC") and as one of few Long Distance companies. They sleazed their way into wireless the way only people with billions can... they bought up all the real estate (and more than a few politicians.) How many wireless carriers have been bought up by AT&T to make today's AT&T Wireless?

If we're pointing fingers, we should be shaming every carrier. They all buy up spectrum and then sit on it. The FCC really should police this better, but a) they have no real power, and b) they're bought and sold just like the spectrum.
Cobra11M
join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX

Cobra11M

In the end AT&T and any other mono company always pays the price.. AT&T hasn't for a while but in the long run will and so will Verizon..

Once when customers realize theirs more choices then what their getting you will see these 2 drop.. but where still a long way from that.
Sammer
join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA

1 recommendation

Sammer to JasonOD

to JasonOD
said by JasonOD :

Or Verizon's selling out to a foreign carrier.

That's a strange statement. If you're talking about Vodafone, it's shareholders feel sold out to Verizon.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to cramer

to cramer
Verizon started out as a RBOC and look where they are at. But i guess its okay that its a different company eh?
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
Westell 6100
Cisco PIX 501

cramer

Premium Member

What's your point? How are they any different??? They have the same roots and have done basically the same thing to get where they are today.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ve ··· ications