spc
Search similar:

uniqs

cchhat01
Dr. Zoidberg
join:2001-05-01
Elmhurst, NY

cchhat01

This is the kind of shit that makes me wanna move to...

another country... If the FCC approves this kind of crap then I will definitely contemplate moving to another country.

Seriously. Is it critical or vital for AT&T to go ahead and acquire another wireless carrier to survive.

Go f***ing ahead and kill anything that remotely resembles competition. F***ing A**holes.

Mizzat
Will post for thumbs
Premium Member
join:2003-05-03
Atlanta, GA

2 recommendations

Mizzat

Premium Member

said by cchhat01:

another country... If the FCC approves this kind of crap then I will definitely contemplate moving to another country.

Seriously. Is it critical or vital for AT&T to go ahead and acquire another wireless carrier to survive.

Go f***ing ahead and kill anything that remotely resembles competition. F***ing A**holes.

Let us know how that works out for you! Bon Voyage!

cchhat01
Dr. Zoidberg
join:2001-05-01
Elmhurst, NY

cchhat01

And that is what I mean. Thanks for that tidbit that sums up the response that everyone has when someone tries to make a legitimate point.
When did we simply decide to not care? If people here can see the "problem" with mergers, why isn't it that we can't take action to ensure that such mergers don't go through.
zephxiii
join:2012-12-12
Fort Wayne, IN
(Software) pfSense

2 edits

zephxiii

I'd prefer to see little remnants of something that used to be that wasn't doing anything or going anywhere get acquired by someone like AT&T. I hate small little regional carriers.

This will help AT&T in some of those markets if they are acquiring 850mhz or 700mhz where they didn't have it before. I'd rather see them get it than it going to waste.

And yes I live in a market where a small regional carrier called Centennial got bought out by AT&T. Centennial was GSM only, had a blanket 850mhz (AT&T did not have 850mhz) network that was going to waste because they weren't going to do anything cool with it (like launch HSPA). I also hated their plans and how they went about things. Ever since they were acquired things have been much much better.

Also in my market, USCC got bought out by Sprint which i am also glad to see because Sprint was crippled here due to lack of spectrum. Now Sprint will become a lot better which i prefer since they are more "national" than USCC (who i used to have as a provider and hated roaming everywhere else i went).

This small Alltel network isn't supposed to exist anyways because it was divested, it's just that no one bothered with picking it up until now so i don't know what the hell the fuss is all about.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to cchhat01

Premium Member

to cchhat01
said by cchhat01:

You are not being serious - just trying to make a point. Nobody, of sound judgement anyway, moves to another country because of cellphone service.

MovieLover76
join:2009-09-11
Cherry Hill, NJ
(Software) pfSense
Asus RT-AC68
Asus RT-AC66

MovieLover76 to zephxiii

to zephxiii
For a company this small, only half a million customers. I don't see this as being a big deal.

I'm more concerned about the only real competition to AT&T and Verizon, which is T-mobile and Sprint I think we need to make sure they have access to more spectrum as well.

Sadly the small regional wireless carriers just don't have the resources to keep up with the big 4 in a time of fairly rapidly evolving data networks.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by MovieLover76:

For a company this small, only half a million customers. I don't see this as being a big deal.

I'm more concerned about the only real competition to AT&T and Verizon, which is T-mobile and Sprint I think we need to make sure they have access to more spectrum as well.

Sadly the small regional wireless carriers just don't have the resources to keep up with the big 4 in a time of fairly rapidly evolving data networks.

Evidently Sprint has plenty of spectrum with more on the way in pending deals.

Mizzat
Will post for thumbs
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

Mizzat to cchhat01

Premium Member

to cchhat01
said by cchhat01:

And that is what I mean. Thanks for that tidbit that sums up the response that everyone has when someone tries to make a legitimate point.
When did we simply decide to not care? If people here can see the "problem" with mergers, why isn't it that we can't take action to ensure that such mergers don't go through.

Anyone that wants to move to another country because of a corporation buying another, I want to encourage to be as far away from me as possible. If you think there aren't major carriers or merges in the UK, Europe or otherwise, you're sadley mistaken. If you think you'll get a better deal there, wait till you see how much you have to pay for a good device. Good luck with your move.

CosmicDebri
Still looking for intelligent life
join:2001-09-01
Lake City, FL

CosmicDebri to FFH5

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

said by cchhat01:

You are not being serious - just trying to make a point. Nobody, of sound judgement anyway, moves to another country because of cellphone service.

Just because of cellphone service is just the tip of the iceberg. Who wants to stay in a country that has sold out everything to anyone with enough cash?? As in the government and large corporations breaking the law, and instead of getting punished they go and change the laws retroactively to make what they were doing legal??

What about our privacy rights being not just trampled on, but dug up and thrown in the shit pile?? Like the NSA not being able to even talk about if they are violating citizens privacy, because it would violate the privacy laws....

How about the 3/6 strikes ISP crap thats taking place, and presuming people guilty with no tangible proof and forcing them to pay to try and protest their innocence??

Does this sound like freedom to anyone?? If you told anyone that these things were taking place 10-20 years ago, they'd think you were talking about Communist China, or Russia.... but here we are in the land of the free and home of the brave..... in name only.........
Cobra11M
join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX

Cobra11M to zephxiii

to zephxiii
said by zephxiii:

I'd prefer to see little remnants of something that used to be that wasn't doing anything or going anywhere get acquired by someone like AT&T. I hate small little regional carriers.

This will help AT&T in some of those markets if they are acquiring 850mhz or 700mhz where they didn't have it before. I'd rather see them get it than it going to waste.

And yes I live in a market where a small regional carrier called Centennial got bought out by AT&T. Centennial was GSM only, had a blanket 850mhz (AT&T did not have 850mhz) network that was going to waste because they weren't going to do anything cool with it (like launch HSPA). I also hated their plans and how they went about things. Ever since they were acquired things have been much much better.

Also in my market, USCC got bought out by Sprint which i am also glad to see because Sprint was crippled here due to lack of spectrum. Now Sprint will become a lot better which i prefer since they are more "national" than USCC (who i used to have as a provider and hated roaming everywhere else i went).

This small Alltel network isn't supposed to exist anyways because it was divested, it's just that no one bothered with picking it up until now so i don't know what the hell the fuss is all about.

T-Mobile should get it haha

Paladin
Sage of the light
join:2001-08-17
Chester, IL

Paladin to cchhat01

to cchhat01
Uh, I hate to break this to you, but for the most part, AT&T is not eliminating competition in these markets. Normally I'm with you, but ATNI is the worst of the suck. I know, I live in an ATNI market.

»greyflame.tumblr.com/pos ··· e-market

This should explain to you why the acquisition is a good thing.
Terabit
join:2008-12-19

Terabit to Mizzat

to Mizzat
Too bad that actual studies illustrate that our wireless and wireline telecommunications services are the least competitive and offer the worst value in the developed world.

I guess down there, you have no issue with walmart being the only major player, so this is no different.

Mizzat
Will post for thumbs
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

Mizzat to cchhat01

Premium Member

to cchhat01
The funniest part of this is that Verizon owns Alltel now, and it's basically being transferred to AT&T. But this guy is blowing an artery about it.

pepe93923042
@northwestern.edu

pepe93923042 to Terabit

Anon

to Terabit
Please provide a link to the studies you are mentioning. Keep in mind the part about 'offer the worst value in the developed world' is extremely subjective, to say the least.

Right now in the U.S., the fact is, most consumers are simply too stupid to realize they do not need to stick with their current carriers/plans per se. They are too lazy to learn about prepaid options/unlimited plans/etc. The focus is unfortunately on 'how often can I upgrade my handset, and what will it cost to do so?'
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to FFH5

to FFH5
Pending deals such as with Clear? They had a good amount of spectrum before they decided to sell off Xhom to Clear and let them handle it. Sprint decided to become an MVNO and in the end suffered. And even with NV they're still suffering and won't be able to catch up, the huge costs of the iProducts that they're giving away, and the new network build will NOT net them what they need to keep up, even if Japan is allowed to take over Sprint, which does violate foreign ownership laws with the amount of spectrum that is in play.