uniqs
share rss forum feed

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to jseymour

Re: Adverts With Firearms Pointed At People?

said by jseymour:

Time Warner proclaims "We no longer accept ads showing semi-automatic weapons and guns pointed at people." I guess this must be Time Warner's version of feel-good legislation, because I can't say as I've ever seen a commercial, anywhere, depicting anybody aiming a firearm at anybody. My impression is reinforced by the fact that the statement contains a superfluous redundancy: "semi-automatic weapons" is included in the set that comprises "guns."

I wonder if they'll also censor the scenes in movies and TV shows where somebody's seen aiming a firearm at somebody else? Somehow I doubt it.

Jim

I've never seen an ad like that. And almost every gun sold to civilians is semi-automatic. All semi-automatic means is that when you pull the trigger 1 bullet is fired. To fire again you must pull the trigger again. TWC is just trying to get some bonus points from the Obama admin for some future FCC considerations by making a big deal about some non-existent problem.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.