Premium
join:2011-03-17
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·voip.ms
reply to horacebork

Re: [Voip.ms] porting land-line number from verizon

more feedback from voip.ms:

Thank you for contacting Verizon. However, it is important to note that we have been porting many numbers from Verizon for a long time, they are one of the top most uncooperative carriers.

They might act good to the customer but the estate rejections to our carrier for many reasons. There is no reason why our carrier should not send the order to Verizon if that is what is on the bill.

Also, the rejection Cannot come from our carrier, we wish to have your number with us as much as you do so there is no reason why we nor our carrier should reject the port or send it incorrectly when we have been doing this for a long time.

If the losing carrier rejected this order for partial port, it is important to submit the proper information that lists that this is not a partial port and that the BTN submitted is the correct one, we can do this by having the CSR copy which can only be given by Verizon to the customer. The CSR lists the number to port and its information along with the BTN. Verizon HAS given this information to their customers in the past, it cannot be given to anyone else since any other person is the owner of the account, not the gaining carrier.

Also, carriers usually do not save records of rejected orders so obviously they will not see our carrier's order.
Please obtain this information and we will be happy to resubmit this order.

does anyone know what the "proper information" is that voip.ms is requesting?
--
".. the sofa has just vanished." ".. well, that's one mystery less."

engineerdan

join:2006-12-07
Manassas, VA
said by VoIP.ms :

... we can do this by having the CSR copy which can only be given by Verizon to the customer. The CSR lists the number to port and its information along with the BTN. Verizon HAS given this information to their customers in the past, it cannot be given to anyone else since any other person is the owner of the account, not the gaining carrier.

By my read, they're asking you for a copy of your CSR, or Customer Service Record.

horacebork
Premium
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·voip.ms
i called verizon yesterday and spoke with about 10 people.
nobody there claims to know what a customer service record is.

one person indicated that they can write me a letter with my account, btns, services, etc.

i am hoping that is sufficient.
--

Larry Hawkin

@anonymouse.org
said by horacebork:

i called verizon yesterday and spoke with about 10 people. nobody there claims to know what a customer service record is.

Verizon surely does have customer service records.

If you call Verizon and seem to be talking to fools, politely hang up and keep calling back at one-hour intervals. You will eventually reach someone competent.

Here is proof from Verizon itself as to a cust. service record:
»www22.verizon.com/wholesale/glos···e_record

horacebork
Premium
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·voip.ms
said by Larry Hawkin :

If you call Verizon and seem to be talking to fools, politely hang up and keep calling back at one-hour intervals. You will eventually reach someone competent.

i wish that were true. how many times should i call back? 20? 40? this is almost laughable at this point.
--