gunther_01
Premium
join:2004-03-29
Saybrook, IL

1 recommendation

reply to gunther_01

Re: LigoWave PRO series

My friend said this about them
"On a 50km link I am seeing 2-4ms running 50/20 megs down/up have tested to 100/100 and latency holds same"

And that is what really sparked my interest. But of course I don't have any to verify, but I do trust him. He also said they are putting up quite a few more of them instead of UBNT which he had been using.

I may just have to bite the bullet and buy a pair to check them out.. The only issue I see is they aren't 5.4 cert'ed, so 5.8 only. I do have an email in to Ligo to see if they are planning on doing any thing about that, but no response yet.

I'm NOT advocating them, I'd just like to learn more about them from others in real world testing is all.
--
»www.wirelessdatanet.net

jcremin

join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI
kudos:2

1 recommendation

said by gunther_01:

My friend said this about them
"On a 50km link I am seeing 2-4ms running 50/20 megs down/up have tested to 100/100 and latency holds same"

Nice. I don't need the sub 1ms pings that licensed links provide, but right now it's the jitter that gets me once my links are under a load. I'd settle for a stable 5ms ping with traffic over a an average of 2 ms with a bunch that jump up randomly.

said by gunther_01:

I may just have to bite the bullet and buy a pair to check them out..

I was thinking about doing that this summer on my 36 mile backup link. It's too cold and money is too tight to gamble with it right now.

said by gunther_01:

The only issue I see is they aren't 5.4 cert'ed, so 5.8 only. I do have an email in to Ligo to see if they are planning on doing any thing about that, but no response yet.

I saw someone had said something about being able to request a special firmware for the lower 5ghz bands. It would be interesting to see what they tell you.