I know I absolutely hate it when I Google Search for something and find help, but never a response, so I thought I would share what I did.
Since I was stuck in maintenance mode, I had to make / rw by using:
mount -o remount -o rw /
Then, with this article:
»www.linuxquestions.org/questions ··· -494987/
I went in and commented out every line in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/modules.dep that contained "dm-". I made a back-up first.
After that, I rebooted and it works fine. It sucks that I could condense 2 hours worth of work into a few lines, but that's basically what it boiled down to. Those things were locking the disk.--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK