join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine

Re: The Following (Season 1)

said by SixOfNine:

a goddamn English professor knows jack about IP addresses

Did he get anything right? or way wrong?

I didn't see it figure I'll watch it like bones.
wait til near the end of season 8 then marathon the show.

Joey1973
@verizon.net

Joey1973

Anon

said by DarkLogix:

I'll watch it like bones.
wait til near the end of season 8 then marathon the show.

You can probably do that now and just skip the last couple seasons. The only thing really good that Bones has done lately is "spin-off" The Finder ...and we know what happened to that.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I meant I'll watch it like I watched bones.

Joey1973
@verizon.net

Joey1973

Anon

So I gathered, except Bones isn't "near" the end of S8 yet (unless this is going to be a "short" season?). You're saying that you've already "marathon'd" it (all of 1-7, first part of 8)? 1-6 I could see being fun; after that, I dunno... it's gotten kinda "tired" (or maybe it's just me?).

I was "tired" of The Following before the end of the first half of the pilot. (What are they thinking here? "Everyone else is getting dark & twisted with their shows... Hey! let's do that, too!!!" [everybody nods with silly/stupid grins on their faces].)

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

said by SixOfNine:

a goddamn English professor knows jack about IP addresses

Did he get anything right? or way wrong?

They didn't go into any of those details (unlike the whopper from the one-season-and-done The Event, where the hacker said that he "spoofed a PI" ).

I was half-jokingly referring to the bad guy's ability to work major Internet magic from a law library, including, and I forget the exact phrase that a cop used, something like "mutating IP addresses."

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

What if he did spoof a Private Eye's IP?
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to Joey1973

Premium Member

to Joey1973
Ya while I was on vacation I watched all of bones from season 1 ep 1 to current.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Joey1973

Premium Member

to Joey1973
said by Joey1973 :

So I gathered, except Bones isn't "near" the end of S8 yet (unless this is going to be a "short" season?). You're saying that you've already "marathon'd" it (all of 1-7, first part of 8)? 1-6 I could see being fun; after that, I dunno... it's gotten kinda "tired" (or maybe it's just me?).

I was "tired" of The Following before the end of the first half of the pilot. (What are they thinking here? "Everyone else is getting dark & twisted with their shows... Hey! let's do that, too!!!" [everybody nods with silly/stupid grins on their faces].)

I forgot where I read it, but one of the producers from a show that got canceled said that the viewer is jaded.
How many police procedure shows do we have?
How many shows do we have that involve solving crimes based on the autopsies table?
What can the sci-fi bring to the table that hasn't been done already?

Hence why networks take the easy way out and bring the viewer:
Singer competition shows.
Model competition shows.
Make up competition shows.
Cooking competition shows.
Business shows:
1]The apprentice
2]Shark Tank
3]Undercover boss
Wrestling
Sports [yawn, I hate sports]
Stuff where the network has very little cash put into it, hence if it bombs, it's low risk.

And why some "fringe" networks, have scripted shows that do well.
USA, AMC, TNT, FX, Sy-Fy.
Because they are willing to take risks that the major networks aren't, and are happy with an audience of 1 to 3 million viewers.

Joey1973
@verizon.net

Joey1973

Anon

Actually, I think it's the producers and network execs who are "jaded"; TV has simply become the "drug of choice" for too many viewers these days. But, you can't go wrong--in the view of the network execs--if you just copy what everyone else is doing (with few and minor changes). As I always say, the shows are nothing but filler for the time between commercials (time which keeps dwindling by the decade).

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Sure, there are a lot of procedurals on tv, but what makes or brakes a series is the character development and relationships. These can draw a viewer in and can make one care about the characters and thus the show. I still enjoy, castle, ncis, and bones even though they're long in the tooth because of their interesting characters.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

At of the ones you mention:
NCIS both of them, and Castle, seem to be able to keep things more focused on the cases they are working, and show a little bit of the interpersonal relationships.

Bones on the other hand has gotten to the point where it's nearly 50/50. And the personal stuff isn't that interesting.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar

Premium Member

said by Snakeoil:

At of the ones you mention:
NCIS both of them, and Castle, seem to be able to keep things more focused on the cases they are working, and show a little bit of the interpersonal relationships.

Bones on the other hand has gotten to the point where it's nearly 50/50. And the personal stuff isn't that interesting.

I still find bones interesting, but then I'm a shipper, so that's probably why I enjoy it, as well as the direction that Castle is heading.