spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

disconnected

@snet.net

Turtle Beach Montego DDL Win 7 driver=Bad Audio

Here's the problem: I have been using my TB Montego DDL with a reference C-Media driver since 2008, which TB tech support sent me after I observed that their native Win XP driver had a non-defeatable compressor limiter DSP effect that was ruining the dynamic range of my audio mixes.

Now that I've upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit, it was necessary to download the latest Win 7 driver from Turtle Beach. However, their Win 7 driver ALSO is plagued with this compressor limiter. When the volume level of program material approaches -6dB or so, the gain starts 'pumping'. When I sit with clients, editing a mix, they keep telling me they don't want compression on that track. But I don't have any compressor plug ins loaded! The card sounds awful with this driver.

TB techs today seem clueless. There MUST be a way to fix this without having to replace the card. A registry edit, perhaps a new C-Media reference driver for Win 7 64-bit.. something. Any ideas on getting this sound card to work properly again would be appreciated!

Crash Gordon
Drive It Like You Stole It

join:2004-06-08
Smyrna, GA

1 edit

Tried one from here? »www.cmedia.com.tw/en/DownloadCen···il2.aspx

You didn't mention what C-Media chip it has, but from squinting at a few images it *looks* like a CMI8768

EDIT: If that is the correct chip. Give either the Windows 7 RC Build7600 or the one for Vista a shot.

disconnected

@snet.net

said by Crash Gordon:

Tried one from here? »www.cmedia.com.tw/en/DownloadCen···il2.aspx

You didn't mention what C-Media chip it has, but from squinting at a few images it *looks* like a CMI8768

EDIT: If that is the correct chip. Give either the Windows 7 RC Build7600 or the one for Vista a shot.

Web site needs a login and password.

disconnected

@snet.net
reply to Crash Gordon

On a hunch, I tried a link that seemed to be a sign up for new account. That let me into the system and I was able to download the file finally. Did the trick! Thanks!