join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
·Comcast
reply to NOCTech75

Re: Hypocrisy

No argument there, just seems also the parent and kids groups come out of the woodwork when something like the Sandy hook shooting and uses the anger, grief etc. to shovel there agenda across and worry about the victims later. Sounds sad but it happens and this is one of many end results.

Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY
MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) is a good example of this. They have evolved over the years into a neo-prohibitionist organization, to the point that their founder left because she was disgusted with the direction the group had taken:

Candy Lightner, MADD's founder, says she disassociated herself from the movement in 1985 because she believed the organization was headed in the wrong direction.

"It has become far more neo-prohibitionist than I had ever wanted or envisioned," said Mrs. Lightner, who founded MADD after her daughter was killed by a drunk driver. "I didn't start MADD to deal with alcohol. I started MADD to deal with the issue of drunk driving."

From this article, back in 2002.

Telco

join:2008-12-19
Versus the freedom and liberty of driving drunk and killing people.

What is it with RWers and this love affair of death.

Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY
You're really enjoying the straw man arguments today, aren't you? Here's my "right wing" point of view:

Owning a firearm: Acceptable
Murdering someone: Go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200

Having a drink: Acceptable
Smoking marijuana: Acceptable
Snorting cocaine: Acceptable
Driving while intoxicated: Go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200
Watching children while intoxicated: Go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200

Having sex in the privacy of your own home: Acceptable
Having sex in public: Go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200

Having sex with another consenting adult of either gender: Acceptable
Having sex with a 5 year old: Go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200

Free speech ("I hate [racial slur]s"): Acceptable
Calls to violence ("Kill that [racial slur] over there!"): Go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
kudos:2

1 recommendation

I agree with all of that except the 'Having sex in public'... can't we make that just a fine?