DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
join:2006-10-19
USA
kudos:1
reply to DrModem

Re: Mafia Vote Counter

Do you think you could put in the ability for custom voting behaviors? (Like allowing someone to vote for multiple people at the same time, hated/beloved town support, etc)

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
I've got the rough model for a one-to-many relationship between player entity & vote entity.

I have not built in what a vote means and how many votes it takes to lynch someone. My current plan is to support hated/beloved players.

Both multi-vote & hated/beloved are de-coupled from the player role as I think it would be far too limiting, especially for CG-style.

One of the primary goals here is to make the set-up of a standard game (C9, F11, AITP, Dethy) significantly easier on the moderator. Taking that ease of set-up in mind, I want voting to be easier as well, especially with multiple record updates in one update. I don't like how long it takes to process all the votes in the current web app. Too many postbacks.

There is a lot more work to be done. I am also thinking about allowing multi-mod support (it's currently a one-to-one relationship between game and mod, but should be relatively easy to turn it to one-to-many). The challenge there would be creating an easy way to add a mod without being required to know their email address. I may add a "public token" type thing that you can share with people to allow them to add you to the game as a mod. I don't want to waste time with a send request -> receive request -> approve/deny request workflow.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
Another thing that may not be readily apparent, but when you create a game of a specified type- you are only presented with roles available for that game type. This is why you can create a C9 game and only have the four vanilla roles, but a F11 has the four plus mafia RB. This is actually really cool but is NOT dynamic - I have to set up the enums with an attribute class.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me