spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

baess

join:2011-01-28

Java works in 64-bit browser but not 32-bit

I know about Java's problems and on the one computer I have it installed on I have it disabled.

I needed to print a coupon which requires Java. Enabled it, closed browser, restarted but never could get the Applet notification. This went on for days. Decided to try the 64-bit browser (IE8) on my system and it works fine.

I do have both 32-bit and 64-bit Java so why would it not work in the 32-bit browser?

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2

said by baess:

I do have both 32-bit and 64-bit Java so why would it not work in the 32-bit browser?

If you're using Firefox the Java plug-ins maybe disabled (thanks to Mozilla).

»All versions of the Java plugin are blocked

»Mozilla Firefox is blocking Java Add-On
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to baess

said by baess:

I know about Java's problems and on the one computer I have it installed on I have it disabled.

I needed to print a coupon which requires Java. Enabled it, closed browser, restarted but never could get the Applet notification. This went on for days. Decided to try the 64-bit browser (IE8) on my system and it works fine.

It should work. I have latest Java version running on both Win7 and Win8 32 bit systems. Make sure the version of Java you have is the latest patched version.
»www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/···261.html
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

baess

join:2011-01-28

said by FFH:

It should work. I have latest Java version running on both Win7 and Win8 32 bit systems. Make sure the version of Java you have is the latest patched version.
»www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/···261.html

I installed both 32-bit and 64-bit Java at the same time as I typically do. They both show the correct version.

I know it "should work". I'm glad I tried the 64-bit browser so at least I got my coupon but still wonder what is wrong.