Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to neochu

Premium Member

to neochu

Re: Kayla Bourque - Killer in the waiting

said by neochu:

There is little or no rehabilitation possible under current models for anything diagnosed in AXIS 2.

This right there discredits anything you have otherwise said and demotes your post from what might be a rant to nothing short of drivel.

neochu
join:2008-12-12
Windsor, ON

2 edits

neochu

said by Gone:

said by neochu:

There is little or no rehabilitation possible under current models for anything diagnosed in AXIS 2.

This right there discredits anything you have otherwise said and demotes your post from what might be a rant to nothing short of drivel.

Prove me otherwise? I personally (as in knew) 35 cases where such methods have failed (most of them started in youth systems). The justice system just waits for sufficient enough criminal activity to imprison, or until they succumb to their illnesses.

(like I have said to even get a reasonable/credible diagnosis requires up to 400 dollar an hour expertise. That's too expensive for the system and most Psychiatrists have very little training on it--so they often misdiagnose).

All of the cases discussed so far pertain to issues with traits attached to AXIS 2 disorders and peer reviewed literature points to only marginal improvements, even with 400 dollar an hour expertise.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pe ··· disorder

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

There are plenty of methods available to improve the quality of life and outcome of those with various personality disorders. They are not the death sentence that you make them out to be. To say as much demonstrates is the pathetic apathy that exists when it comes to care for the mentally ill in the industrialized world.

If you have "38 or 39 case where they have failed" then you either aren't trying hard enough, or you're lying by omission. Take your pick.

neochu
join:2008-12-12
Windsor, ON

neochu

They were social contacts who succumbed to the lack of access to the needed expertise and assistance beyond 'medicate into stasis and damn the side effects.' Its a long story and I'm not going to write an autobiography on it (and expose myself to further stigma).

It is a 'symptom of the pathetic way mental health care has been industrialized and automated like an assembly line'. Like you have said

You seem to be keenly aware of some of the techniques and alternate treatments for PD--outside from what I have listed in my prior post.

You'll also know how difficult (and expensive) such treatment and expertise can be.

Do you really expect the justice/mental health system to pay for that on every person who enters it? Especially when the province BARELY pays for basic talk therapy for non PD cases?

Just look at what happens in the Ontario Mental Health Courts... Though it certainly the work they do is a start.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Yes, I know all too well. It is a very sensitive subject as someone very close to me suffers from one of those Axis II disorders, among other things. I do not buy into the "they can't be helped" mantra as they can be, and my own experiences with the subject show that.

Treatment is available. Finding it is a whole other story.