NotTheMama
What Would Earl Do?

join:2012-12-06

Oh, yeah....

perfectly "logical", if you believe:

it's not life that makes people "crazy", it's guns (OMG!) or
it's not life that makes people like sex, it's nudity (OMG!) or
yadda yadda blah blah blah

Strange isn't it how before a hundred or so years ago everyone had a gun, yet it was rare that anyone went around shooting & killing people [randomly] (except for wars, of course); and now when owning a gun is the exception more than the rule, crazies running around doing this is becoming "commonplace". Well, if "society" wants to blame someone or something for "violence", then "society" should start looking in the mirror...

(Are you part of the problem? Are you bound and determined to force everyone else to conform to your standards of behavior? ...or are you simply willing to accept that everyone has the right to decide what to do with their own life, their own bodies, their own property as long as they don't infringe on anyone else's right to decide likewise?

"Hell, no... we'll just pass another law to force people to behave the way we want them to!" [and, thus, the problem grows...].)
--
"...but ya doesn't hasta call me Johnson!"
Telco

join:2008-12-19

Re: Oh, yeah....

100 years ago. The AR15 was developed in 1957 for the United States armed services. They did not have these sorts of weapons back then.

Oh you mean muskets, as per during the period of when the constitution was written.

NotTheMama
What Would Earl Do?

join:2012-12-06

You think the type of gun really matters? (Yeah, it's all the gun's fault. )
--
"...but ya doesn't hasta call me Johnson!"

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
said by Telco:

100 years ago. The AR15 was developed in 1957 for the United States armed services. They did not have these sorts of weapons back then.

Oh you mean muskets, as per during the period of when the constitution was written.

Silly Liberal ...

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondragón_rifle
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Model_1905

But 100 years ago, bolt- and lever-action rifles were king.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Model_1894
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gewehr_98

That last was used by the German Army at the Battle of the Kasserine Pass, where they kicked U.S. Army ass, despite that the U.S. soldiers were equipped with this:

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_Garand
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum
Telco

Reviews:
·Callcentric

Poor norm. I know arithmetic and history are not forte of RWers, however, the Constitution was formed in 1787. Therefore, you may want to check this against the development dates of the weapons you linked.

For example, the Mondragón rifle you personally linked was developed a full 100 years 'after' the US Constitution.

The Winchester Model 1905 was developed in, none other than 1905, a full 118 years later.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by Telco:

Poor norm. I know arithmetic and history are not forte of RWers, however, the Constitution was formed in 1787. Therefore, you may want to check this against the development dates of the weapons you linked.

For example, the Mondragón rifle you personally linked was developed a full 100 years 'after' the US Constitution.

The Winchester Model 1905 was developed in, none other than 1905, a full 118 years later.

Silly liberal; there was no television, or radio when the Constitution was drawn up, or Internet, for that matter. So I have to presume, based on your logic, that "Freedom of the Press" does not apply to radio, television, and the Internet.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum
Telco

Too bad that it's you who quoted weapons whose date of development is not even close to the foundation of the Constitution.

Alex Jones fan right...