spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ruggs
join:2012-03-26
Ontario

ruggs

XXX-PCP

I know its dedicated pairs going to the unit, but what exactly does the pcp acronym mean?
julienvf
join:2008-12-30
Verdun, QC

julienvf

PCP refers to one thing for sure...

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ph ··· yclidine
Riplin
join:2002-05-13
canada

Riplin to ruggs

to ruggs
harper gov't's spy initiative otherwise known as the Progressive Conservative Plan
ruggs
Ontario

ruggs

Sigh, I was hoping for REAL results...

coaxguy
join:2009-07-29

coaxguy to ruggs

to ruggs
Can't remember, usually only saw that when the main li e was coming from a mini central office / remote

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to ruggs

Premium Member

to ruggs
Need a little more context... what is the "unit" in question?
ruggs
Ontario

ruggs

here is the format i saw it in

Cable pair 123 Pair 10 Bp XXX-PCP

coaxguy
join:2009-07-29

coaxguy

Means its coming straight from the CO

Pair 123 from the CO to binding post 10 in the panel room (if your in an apt which I assume you are)

PCP is the acronym for the CO its coming from
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7 to ruggs

to ruggs
PCP or RCP ?
urbang33k
join:2010-02-13
Canada

urbang33k to ruggs

to ruggs
said by ruggs:

here is the format i saw it in

Cable pair 123 Pair 10 Bp XXX-PCP

more likely...

cable 123 pair 10 binding post XXX-PCP

because cable pair 123, pair 10 doesn't make much sense. Why would you have 2 cable pairs in the same cable????

as for the XXX-PCP

I've been told that this is most likely an 'industrial encap'. Out my way, we see these most commonly in residential town houses and strip malls.

The main cable is pulled through the units, usually in the basements. The sheath is stripped back in each unit and usually a couple of pairs are pulled out of a binder and 'dedicated' in the records as servicing that unit. The pairs are usually wired directly/indirectly to some form of protection where the ISW of the unit also comes in to play.

I dont know exactly was PCP stands for though.

Also the longer I look at it the more I'm inclined to think it's probably not cable 123. It is most likely an incomplete DSA designation. It probably should say something similar to

ca123-1pair10bpXXX-PCP
SLAMtech
join:2009-12-03

SLAMtech to ruggs

to ruggs
I have seen the XXX-PCP on many F1's for ftth. What it means is another matter but the fact is it really doesn't matter at all. You even see it on F1's fed from a remote in the form of XXX-RCP and others. Its a ficticious F1 assignment for the field and has some meaning to assignment clerks. XXX-ENC is what you will see for encap.
urbang33k
join:2010-02-13
Canada

urbang33k

said by SLAMtech:

I have seen the XXX-PCP on many F1's for ftth. What it means is another matter but the fact is it really doesn't matter at all. You even see it on F1's fed from a remote in the form of XXX-RCP and others. Its a ficticious F1 assignment for the field and has some meaning to assignment clerks. XXX-ENC is what you will see for encap.

yes if the OP is FTTH then you may be right there. I haven't seen an FTTH assignment in a while.

It's not ALWAYS ficticious, thats just what assigners tell the average station tech. They are sometimes real cables and pairs, or oe designations, but they aren't important to you since you wont be working in that wiring out point anyways.

I believe RCP is the french version of CDF. Count Down From. Which means the tech can't look for and use Binding post information at this wiring point - he has to use ca and pr info or oe designations.

So in your remote CO scenario, you could have a copper cable feeding your remote CO from a Host CO. In the remote itself, on the actual verticals in the frame , will be writen the cable number and range of pairs wired to the remote CO. The tech wont be using binding post information at that point.
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7 to SLAMtech

to SLAMtech
said by SLAMtech:

I've seen FTTH with FCXXXX assignement if I'm not mistaken.