share rss forum feed

criggs

join:2000-07-14
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom

Sprint NYC in trouble?

I have an EVO Shift 4G phone.

I normally get 800k download speed on 3G, and Sprint's minimum spec for 3G is 600k, so I'm generally getting performance slightly above minimum spec.

I normally get 4 megs download speed on 4G, and Sprint's minimum spec for 4G is 3 megs, so I'm generally getting performance slightly above minimum spec.

Today I'm getting 300k download speed on 3G, about 50% of the 600k minimum spec.

Today I'm getting slightly over 1 meg download speed on 4G, about 33% of the 3 meg minimum spec.

As an example, here's my current 4G speed:

In other words, it's looking like New York Sprint is hosed today, for some reason.

Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
There could be ongoing work related to Network Vision going on in your area.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

criggs

join:2000-07-14
New York, NY
What's Network Vision? What's going on with them?

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
said by criggs:

What's Network Vision? What's going on with them?

They are upgrading the entire network for enahanced 3G (EVDO) and more importantly, LTE 4G as well as decommissioning Nextel to offer voice and data on the 800 frequency for even broader coverage.

You can use this site: »s4gru.com/index.php?/index to track your area right down to local towers to see what has and has not been updated.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

bobjohnson
Premium
join:2007-02-03
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·T-Mobile US
reply to swintec
said by swintec:

There could be ongoing work related to Network Vision going on in your area.

I don't believe that Network Vision has anything to do with Clear's WiMax network...

espaeth
Digital Plumber
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN
kudos:2
said by bobjohnson:

I don't believe that Network Vision has anything to do with Clear's WiMax network...

As part of that network upgrade they are sunsetting towers that were used exclusively for Nextel/iDEN service. Any Clear infrastructure at those sites was getting scrapped as well.

See: »www.lightreading.com/sprint-sacr···40138508