Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

[ALL] Cox main line

Why would Cox need to construct a new main line if we already have Cox services?

bbeesley
VIP
join:2003-08-07
Richardson, TX
kudos:5

If the distance from the nearest tap to your home is too great to allow for a normal RG6 or RG11 drop

ajwees41
Premium
Omaha, NE

but why the need to do it after we have had Cox service over 20 years? We aren't a new customer.

Anonguy

@cox.net

Maybe a redesign for a new node?

Removing poles or rerouting for new construction?

There are several possibilities...

nickphx

join:2009-10-29
Phoenix, AZ
reply to ajwees41

Unless they're charging you for this, why does it matter? I imagine wire quality has gotten better in the last 20 years.

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

said by nickphx:

Unless they're charging you for this, why does it matter? I imagine wire quality has gotten better in the last 20 years.

Exactly what I was thinking, and after 20 years. I say it may be good to run a new main line anyway's. As anon said above, if they aren't charging you to do this, then really you shouldn't care, and be happy you will have a new main line.

ajwees41
Premium
Omaha, NE

looks like they found what was not allowing the full 8 channels down the line and it only took 6 months to figure it out.

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

said by ajwees41:

looks like they found what was not allowing the full 8 channels down the line and it only took 6 months to figure it out.

Well if your so called main line was 20 years old, it's very possible it was part of the issue. Reason they wanted to replace it. Let them replace what they want, as long as it doesn't cost you.