join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to habskilla

to habskilla

Re: [Extreme] Extreme 30 down 10 up 500 Gigs Bandwidth $51.99

said by habskilla:

said by yyzlhr:

said by geokilla:

8 years...? You mean 8 months right? If it's too good to be true, it probably is. With Rogers, if it's too good to be true, it never is.

It is 8 years, and if its not there's no contract so you can simply leave if Rogers doesn't live up to their end of the bargain.

Not if you live in NB. In NB you have to pay ETF fees. There is no get out of jail free card.

The promotion is nationwide, and it is offered specifically with a no ECF clause.
JAC70
join:2008-10-20
canada

JAC70

I have heard of this fixed pricing for 8 years promo, but the cynical part of me really doesn't believe Rogers will honor this.

As I understand it, price increases will still be charged then deducted as a credit on your bill. To me this suggests you'll have to call in each month to have the credit applied, since these things tend to disappear for no reason.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by JAC70:

I have heard of this fixed pricing for 8 years promo, but the cynical part of me really doesn't believe Rogers will honor this.

As I understand it, price increases will still be charged then deducted as a credit on your bill. To me this suggests you'll have to call in each month to have the credit applied, since these things tend to disappear for no reason.

The internal docs for these promos specifically state that there is price protection included and that there is no action required by CSRs or customers to ensure the pricing stays the same for 8 years.