spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ESH

@epsi.net

even employees don't know what's going on

We have 2 doctor's clinics on uVerse, been down all day, KCMO metro area. 3rd location that aparently hasn't had a reset and is still working. Called my local uverse installer, who happens to be a good personal friend, and even he can't get any info other than "there's a majoy outage". no cause, no ETR. Only being told not to bother doing any new installations at this time.
Indication on modem is no IP recieved from the DHCP request. All our locations are static IPs. ZERO, NaDa, NOTHING from AT&T. Don't even have anything posted on their website! For a communications company, they sure don't seem to know how to communicate.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
That is very typical of things in the telecom industry in general. the tier one call center rep is not dumb as many here think. They are however rarely given the full package of data about the situation.

a cable head end could literally be on fire, full four alarm fun. the call center rep might only get a notice "Head end for this area has had an emergency and may see disruptions, please inform your customers it is being worked on."
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Kipper63
Premium
join:2012-12-30
Nashville, TN
reply to ESH
Our POTS service has been down for one week. Today, an AT&T Outside Line Technician came to our facility to repair our POTS. He stated technicians had not been told of the U-Verse internet service outage for more than 24 hours after it began. Does AT&T operate under a formal "need to know" policy?

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
said by Kipper63:

Our POTS service has been down for one week. Today, an AT&T Outside Line Technician came to our facility to repair our POTS. He stated technicians had not been told of the U-Verse internet service outage for more than 24 hours after it began. Does AT&T operate under a formal "need to know" policy?

POTS shouldn't be affected by a uverse outage. I would think it shouldn't be. If you are having a pots problem, please contact us and I can get to work on it.
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!

Kipper63
Premium
join:2012-12-30
Nashville, TN
said by David:

POTS shouldn't be affected by a uverse outage. I would think it shouldn't be. If you are having a pots problem, please contact us and I can get to work on it.

Thanks for offering to help out, David. The POTS Outside Line Technician coincidentally just happened to be onsite to fix a POTS problem (broken jumper in the VRAD) during the time of the U-Verse Outage.