Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA
reply to thai2

Re: throttling internet

Comcast does not throttle first of all. Your connection probably has issues while running torrents because your connection isn't THAT fast and is causing a lot of slow downs because you're maxing out the connection, especially if you're allowing others to download from YOU.

Secondly, YouTube is known to have issues. Their servers simply cannot handle all the traffic they get during peak times and be able to stream videos without buffering.

All that being said, what are your signal levels ?
--
»www.VAJeeps.com
»www.BronzedBod.com

mill3000

@comcast.net
I've been having this also. YouTube is not working correctly. I know they are doing something because it was fine 2 to 3 weeks ago. Now it's buffering like crazy and if at the same moment I take out my Andriod phone which is on sprint plays within 10 to 15 seconds. I usually get 5 mbps with Sprint LTE in my area. Sprints LTE is as slow as everyones 3g. I can do speedtest.net on my computer and at that very moment get 22mbps down and 3.5 up. With that I should be able to do 1080p but its even buffering on the lowest setting which is something like 360 something. They are for sure doing something. Isn't there a throttle test we can do.