spc
Search similar:

uniqs

newbxfinity
@optonline.net

newbxfinity

Anon

Comcast HSI Internet only Price

I can't seem to find anywhere the price that Comcast would charge for having Internet only.

I have read anywhere from 49.95 to 62.95.

Anyone have internet only know the truth and what hidden charges are included?

I am in New Jersey.
ExoticFish
join:2008-08-31
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish

Depends on what package you get. I pay $29.99 for Blast internet without TV/Phone service.

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

$29.99 for Blast? That's promotional pricing, right?
ExoticFish
join:2008-08-31
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish

Yes. They dropped the promo price for Blast here. They always give me promo pricing. Have had it for over 2 years now.

graysonf
MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

I might have to call and haggle with them.
Madtown
Premium Member
join:2008-04-26
93637-2905

Madtown to newbxfinity

Premium Member

to newbxfinity
said by newbxfinity :

I can't seem to find anywhere the price that Comcast would charge for having Internet only.

I have read anywhere from 49.95 to 62.95.

Anyone have internet only know the truth and what hidden charges are included?

I am in New Jersey.

Looks like Performance to me. When I started I paid $29.99 for the 1st 6 months and now I'm paying $44.99 per month, in a few months from now, I will be paying $62.95 (or whatever the price will be since it's increased)

MichiganAnon
@comcast.net

MichiganAnon to newbxfinity

Anon

to newbxfinity
I just moved into a new house. While I was turning on the electricity, they passed me to some service to give coupons / help me setup my other utility's.

I received a no-contract, promotional price of $30 for 6 months, and $49 after. The lady on the phone even told me in 6 months I can end my account and start a new one to receive the current promotions at that time.

I don't know the package name, but I was told up to 30/6. I am getting 25/4.5. I am happy, as I live in the woods. Closest gas station is at-least 10 miles...

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

1 recommendation

RR Conductor to newbxfinity

Premium Member

to newbxfinity
We pay $74.95 a month for Blast! (25/4, 35/6 with Powerboost) here in Mendocino County in NW CA, it went up last month from $72.95. We pay 10 more a month because we don't have their cable tv, we have Directv for that, Comcast's Digital Cable here isn't that great. That is one thing I miss about Adelphia (Comcast took over from them here), they charged the same whether you had their cable tv or not.

mb6
join:2000-07-23
Washington, NJ

mb6 to newbxfinity

to newbxfinity
Blast 50/10 in NJ, $74.95/mo Internet only, all promo's expired
Comcast Guy
join:2008-01-16
Harrisburg, PA

Comcast Guy to newbxfinity

to newbxfinity
Internet only promo is $29.99 a month for 6 months.

You can also get internet/phone only bundle for $49.99 a month for 12 months.
kaila
join:2000-10-11
Lincolnshire, IL

kaila to mb6

to mb6
said by mb6:

Blast 50/10 in NJ, $74.95/mo Internet only, all promo's expired

You must be in a competitive market. Here (Chicago) it's $40 more @ $114.95 standalone, and branded as Extreme 50.
kaila

kaila to Comcast Guy

to Comcast Guy
said by Comcast Guy:

Not finding that here (Chicago market). The only 6mo @ $29.99 promotion I'm seeing is the 30/6 Blast and requires a qualifying phone or TV subscription.

mb6
join:2000-07-23
Washington, NJ

mb6 to kaila

to kaila
The only competition here is 7mb DSL. My part of the state will never see FIOS.
DanM64
join:2013-01-10
Mokena, IL

DanM64 to kaila

to kaila
I am currently on the Performance (20/4) promo with internet only as well (I have DISH Network tv) and also pay 29.99. The Performance promo is listed as 19.99 a month for 6 months on the Comcast site, but that price is if you have other Comcast services.

Once my promo is fully expired I will pay 62.95 a month, if you have standalone internet they charge an additional 15 a month
kaila
Lincolnshire, IL

kaila to mb6

to mb6
said by mb6:

The only competition here is 7mb DSL. My part of the state will never see FIOS.

Comcast is the only service we can get here aside from ISDN. Chicago was (still is?) their toughest market and a huge infrastructure $ sinkhole throughout much of the 2000's- maybe they are still recouping those investments

kara
@comcast.net

kara to newbxfinity

Anon

to newbxfinity
Word of warning on promo you end yours and company policy is you must be ended a promo for 6months before can get another. New accts always get promo offers but that means you not had service before and restarts don't count sorry. If you have bal on non paid acct that no promo either. Others may get past this rule cause the cae wants a sale but system will catch up on it later get over ruled.
cferro
join:2003-07-27
Jersey City, NJ

cferro to newbxfinity

to newbxfinity
I live in NJ, and pay $62.95 for Blast 50/10 service. If I did not have cable TV, the price would be $72.95.
This is a link to find your local price »www.comcast.com/localiza ··· cts.cspx
Comcast Guy
Harrisburg, PA

Comcast Guy to kaila

to kaila
said by kaila:

said by Comcast Guy:

Not finding that here (Chicago market). The only 6mo @ $29.99 promotion I'm seeing is the 30/6 Blast and requires a qualifying phone or TV subscription.

Go to www.iwantservices.com and put in your address. It will bring up the available promos. Not to worry about the site...it is the Walmart site I used to put in orders at Walmart locations. For store number, just put 1886.
kaila
Lincolnshire, IL

kaila

said by Comcast Guy:

Go to www.iwantservices.com and put in your address. It will bring up the available promos....

Thanks for the link! Unfortunately in my area the only HSI option is the Starter 6/1 listed as an 'Unconfirmed Offer' for $45.95mo.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

That site only offers all the packages if you dont have comcast. In otherwords the site knows you have internet service and only offers downgrades and upgrades. Limits your ability to get all the offers in your area.

graysonf
MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

If you already have Comcast and the site is using your IP address to determine that and hide offerings, then use a proxy to present a non-Comcast IP address to the site.
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

No because it also sees the video services you have. Comcast allows limited access and information to resellers. I can put my address in and get some offers but i have internet and tv with comcast. If i put my neighbors address in that doesnt have any comcast services i get all the offers available.
Comcast Guy
Harrisburg, PA

Comcast Guy

said by rody_44:

No because it also sees the video services you have. Comcast allows limited access and information to resellers. I can put my address in and get some offers but i have internet and tv with comcast. If i put my neighbors address in that doesnt have any comcast services i get all the offers available.

This is correct.

noc007
join:2002-06-18
Cumming, GA

noc007 to newbxfinity

to newbxfinity
If you're past the 12 months of promo pricing and are back to full price, give them a call and tell them you're thinking about switching because it costs too much and they may be able to give you the current promo pricing with probably a 12 month contract.

If you're in an area with absolutely no competition, this may not work out so well but it doesn't hurt to try. You could always hang up, call back, and talk with another rep.

graysonf
MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf to rody_44

MVM

to rody_44
My next door neighbor doesn't have any Comcast services, they are on U-Verse.

I have Comcast bundled TV and Internet.

I used both addresses in the tool and that site showed me the same identical offers.
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

2 edits

rody_44

Premium Member

When i put mine in it comes up and says straight out it appears you already have comcast video and internet. The only thing i get for video is a 10.00 offer to upgrade to hd. No clue how up to date it hits mine to the t. The only thing it offers me for internet is a blast promotion. the house across the street on the other hand gets all kinds of available promotions. As with any website it mostly depends how often it gets updated. I was just pointing out how its suppose to work. Wow try a fake address close to you and you will see every promotion under the sun. The fake address lists more than any other offers i have seen from comcast. I guess a fake address assumes no service at all

graysonf
MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

It doesn't say anything about my address already having Comcast services.

Fake addresses don't lead to Comcast/Xfinity offers.

I put the address in for a house down the road that has been vacant for over three years. I got the same offers as before, 29 bundles to be exact.
kaila
Lincolnshire, IL

kaila to newbxfinity

to newbxfinity
Ok fake address works and I now see two 6mo promotions: A $29.99 15/2 Performance, and $39.99 25/4 Blast.

The weird thing is both of these promotions have cut down speeds compared with the provisioned 20/4 Performance and 30/6 Blast packages available here.
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

4 edits

rody_44 to graysonf

Premium Member

to graysonf
When i say fake address i dont mean a house down the street. Like in my case i am 132 and no house on my street is 138. I used 138 and it gave me all kinds of promo offerings. Look if you dont believe me just put in 132 reservoir rd 18951 than put in 138 reservoir rd 18951. You can clearly see how its supposed to work. But again the information given to resellers is very limited and resellers dont keep the sites updated. 138 isnt even a address. Put in as many of the addresses you want and you can clearly see how they have information on what services the computer thinks you have. The official comcast site works the same way. Basically you are NOT entitled to promos on services you already have. Dont forget to use the drop down window and go to digital video. To see where the computer says i already appear to have comcast video. If i go to bundles i get 22 bundles available. If i go to just viideo which i subscribe to i only get offered a hd add on for 10 bucks a month. Better yet substitute them addresses with 175 reservoir rd and you can see the computer even says the house already subscribes to the highest tier video comcast offers and they get no promos offered for video. Do them three addresses and you will see you are beating a dead horse. Since i and the OP are both in the freedom region i assume the web site works the same for him as me. The site doesnt go by ip address it has limited access to comcasts computers and making a informed decision the OP needs to understand that.

newbxfinity
@optonline.net

newbxfinity

Anon

Ok, does Comcast need to come by your house for self install kit.

They told me I have to "receive equopment."

Not sure I have 4 hours to just stay home all day for some guy to come by.