how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sanji

join:2013-01-18
Powder Springs, GA

[Availability] Servicing my area

I live in a fairly new neighborhood but I have been here since August of last year (2012). No cable providers are here yet and the entire neighborhood has to use satellite. This area is not rural by any means so I do not expect to have to use satellite any longer. All streets around me have AT&T or Comcast but we are still in the dark here. The neighborhood only has a few more house that need to be built. Any ideas on what I should expect as far as servicing from AT&T (preferably U-verse) and how much longer I might have to wait for them to show up?

nrobot80

join:2012-12-05
Union City, GA

If the neighborhood is FTTP don't look for AT&T anytime soon. I live in a new neighborhood and I can't get Uverse. I was told that its too costly to upgrade the plant and run fiber to my house. I wish AT&T would sell the lines off to someone that is willing to invest in modern technology.

Sanji

Powder Springs, GA

Well I'm not entirely sure. I believe that this home is FTTH though. I'm not too clear on the specs hear though since it's fairly recent I would assume it is. Comcast said it would be at least another 3 months before they roll in. I'm just really desperate to get out from under Hughesnet's Satellite nonsense.

septcasey

join:2006-09-07
United State
reply to Sanji

said by Sanji:

I live in a fairly new neighborhood but I have been here since August of last year (2012). No cable providers are here yet and the entire neighborhood has to use satellite. This area is not rural by any means so I do not expect to have to use satellite any longer. All streets around me have AT&T or Comcast but we are still in the dark here. The neighborhood only has a few more house that need to be built. Any ideas on what I should expect as far as servicing from AT&T (preferably U-verse) and how much longer I might have to wait for them to show up?

10 years ago I started checking for DSL from AT&T in my area and there were DSL lines servicing homes right down the road from me just a minute drive away. 10 years later there still is no DSL service where I live. Although their website is now saying my phone number qualifies for AT&T Uverse so I need to call them and see if that is true but I am not getting my hopes up too high.

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:2
reply to Sanji

I would recommend looking into Millenicom at »www.millenicom.com/. The 3G/4G Hotspot Plan »www.millenicom.com/page/plans#4g···pot_plan, may be a better value. I believe it is based on Verizon's cellular network. The first thing to do would be to use the Verizon coverage checking map on their website to see if you have 3G or 4G coverage, »www.verizonwireless.com/wireless···ap.shtml. If so, you can contact Millenicom and see if their plan agrees with your needs and is a good value for you.

Slowverse

join:2012-02-01
Mobile, AL
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
reply to Sanji

Dont' hold your breath! I live in a neighborhood that is served with fiber to the curb. They won't upgrade the equipment and by researching their plans to "upgrade" areas reveals that they will leave 25% of their landline customers with no service at all. They currently serve 91% of their territory with atleast some sort of DSL, so you do the math. They are going to cut off many of us and I fear that I will be included. I have even tried to get some answers out of David from AT&T direct support. I have a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to AT&T and it only seems to be getting worse.

Sanji

Powder Springs, GA

Well I can see the little green rectangular prism shaped boxes outside my house in my front yard along with the orange spraypaint guiding the lines so someone is coming in. As for who, I'm not sure.

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN
kudos:1
reply to Sanji

While in my area, their wireless service seems awesome, their landline portion has been highly neglected to the point it should be criminal.. Specially with them reaching into the USF money for soo called development and maintenance of it all...

Your stuck with wireless options for life unless the cable company decides to make the move.. Which is more likely than the deathstar...