join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Marc

Premium Member

TekSavvy 15th Anniversary

Click for full size
Click for full size
I thought I'd share this with everybody here online... I sent this email to our staff earlier today but I think it also applies to our customers and so, I wanted to share the small moment we had today and also to take the time to thank our customers! This is for you too! Thanks for all the great years we've had and for the many sure to come!

Hello gang,

Today is somewhat of a milestone for TekSavvy. On this day back in 1998, TekSavvy was incorporated, making *this day* our 15th Anniversary!

We haven’t planned anything much other than some cupcakes! It’s a low key thing but it’s one more of those feathers in our cap if you will.

It’s been a heck of a ride to date and to think of all that has happened since then. Can you remember Y2K? oh no! the world was going to end! Come to think of it, that’s two world endings we’ve survived now! 2012 being the other..

We’ve had many successes along the way and I think the most impressive number I can highlight is that we now have 195,000 subscribers. We will likely cross the 200k mark next month or early in March. Very cool stuff! Since October we’ve added more than 20,000 new subscribers. The growth is nothing short of awesome!

More than anything though, I’m proud of what we’ve achieved. What you’ve achieved. None of this is made possible without the spirit we have here at TekSavvy. The spirit that lives within each one of us, that drives us each day to help one another, to demand more from one another.

There are many reasons why we’re successful but the one that always stands out to me is the people who work here at TekSavvy. I no longer know each one of you but somehow I know that we share something in common. We care.

So, let’s celebrate this day, without fanfare…

but with cupcakes!

P.S. To our co-workers in Gatineau, we didn’t forget about you! Well, maybe we did but we’re still getting things organised so we stop doing that! Honestly though, we thought of doing this on Thursday last week. Hehe We’ll get you guys cupcakes too!

Cheers!

Marc

Anaron
join:2005-01-28
North York, ON

Anaron

I didn't know TekSavvy was founded 15 years ago. Wow! You guys have come a long way. You've offered people an inexpensive and sensible alternative to overpriced Internet access. I'm so glad I made the switch from Rogers. The lower price and increased monthly bandwidth limit made it a no-brainer decision.

I'm happy that you guys are continuing to grow. And I'll continue to be a TekSavvy customer for a very long time. Even with the speed-matching issue and the possibility of new rates (c'mon CRTC, hurry up), I'm still content with my service.

Happy 15th anniversary!

Sincerely,
A happy customer

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to TSI Marc

MVM

to TSI Marc
What? You don't know the name of all your employees anymore? :P

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan
join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.

AkFubar to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Congratulations Teksavvy! Happy 15th! I'm marking my 4th year with you this month and it's been great. Very satisfied customer here.

Nagilum
Premium Member
join:2012-08-15
Kitchener, ON

Nagilum to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
Happy 15th anniversary guys!

Here's to another 15!

TSI Pierre
Premium Member
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Pierre to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
+1 and Happy anniversary TekSavvy !!!

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Guspaz

Premium Member

to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

Hehe.. Well, I offered most a cupcake today! That's got to count for something!? - Would you like a cupcake? We have lemon, vanilla, chocolate and milk chocolate. Oh and we also have cookies, but you can have a cupcake and a cookie if you want!

You wouldn't believe it but some had already been very sneaky and polished off a table where they were sitting ahead of us starting to hand them out! Don't you worry, I know their names for sure! (Yeah you know who you are!)

Dial_a_Tech
join:2013-01-22
Windsor, ON

Dial_a_Tech to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
poop I had to re-register since my old login was too inactive

either way HOORAY for TSI !!

d4m1r
join:2011-08-25

d4m1r to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Happy 15th TSI and Marc!

While some recent business decisions have generated quite the firestorm (and rightly so imho), I think it is important to remember you guys are still the relative good guys! Without TSI, I'd still have a 60GB monthly cap from Rogers LOL...

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
Ahem.. you forgot the apostrophe in "WERE".. Sorry, I'm that guy now.

Also, I want all those cupcakes.

Montreal DSL
join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL

Montreal DSL to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Congrats Marc and Teksavvy! Keep up the good work! And think about your re-sellers with that cupcakes You know our names ... LOL

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
Happy 15th TekSavvy! Party On!

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
Congrats to TekSavvy!

15 years eh, i guess i've been a customer for close to 6 of those years!

Congrats Marc, Rocky, and all the good folks who work there!

evil_gusgus
join:2008-04-14
London, ON

evil_gusgus to BACONATOR26

to BACONATOR26
said by BACONATOR26:

Look close, they didn't forget it!

Marc, you came here to tell us this and you didn't even invite US for a cupcake and a cookie?

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Happy 15th!

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Thanks all!
Rastan
join:2007-04-25
Canada

Rastan to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Congrats!
keltron
join:2012-12-26
North York, ON

keltron

good stuff folks

Bdays
@videotron.ca

Bdays to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc
Happy B-day.

Keep Fighting the Good Fight.
nowhere4
join:2011-07-28
Toronto, ON

nowhere4 to BACONATOR26

to BACONATOR26
said by BACONATOR26:

ENHANCE

ENHANCE

ENHANCE

Happy Birthday TekSavvy.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc

WHAT ?

No TIM-BITS ?!

Best Wishes to you and all at TSI !

Jack88
@leaseweb.com

Jack88 to nowhere4

Anon

to nowhere4
Congrats!

2 years with Teksavvy after switching from Rogers, very happy and better experience.

PS: not sure what nowhere is seeing in the spelling, but it's correct! you can read it as "15 years were different...." or "We are different...." and I think they meant the second sentence, because the word "celebrating" won't have a place in the phrase anymore
leeanne172
leeanne172
join:2003-01-28
Toronto Ont

leeanne172 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Happy Anniversary ! Been with Tek for a few years now, could never consider going anywhere else

PlatooN
join:2007-02-13
Kitchener, ON

PlatooN to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

said by Guspaz:

Hehe.. Well, I offered most a cupcake today! That's got to count for something!? - Would you like a cupcake? We have lemon, vanilla, chocolate and milk chocolate. Oh and we also have cookies, but you can have a cupcake and a cookie if you want!

You wouldn't believe it but some had already been very sneaky and polished off a table where they were sitting ahead of us starting to hand them out! Don't you worry, I know their names for sure! (Yeah you know who you are!)

Actually I DO want a cupcake ... lemon please .... my address details are in my customer account, i expect i'll see it in a day or two!

Cheers TSI. from a long time very happy customer.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to nowhere4

Premium Member

to nowhere4
said by nowhere4:

said by BACONATOR26:

ENHANCE

ENHANCE

ENHANCE

Happy Birthday TekSavvy.

Hmm yeah, that looks photoshopped.
SonicSam
join:2006-05-27
Ottawa, ON

SonicSam to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Happy 15th, to 15 more

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
Thanks all!

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
Congrats and have another great 15 years!

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to PlatooN

Premium Member

to PlatooN
said by PlatooN:

Actually I DO want a cupcake ... lemon please .... my address details are in my customer account, i expect i'll see it in a day or two!

Cheers TSI. from a long time very happy customer.

I have another idea

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

In ways I've been a TSI customer for about 5 of those years and I haven't once been disappointed. Well done guys!

I was watching a DVD made this last year of a BBC TV concert recorded 40 years ago and nearly fell over that it was actually SO long ago. Beware TSI guys, the years will start to fly by and these 15 years run the risk of disappearing into the history books! Keep the flag flying and don't become history! Many many more birthdays!

Well done!