spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Gyp Thompson

@comcast.net
reply to Gyp Thompson

Re: [Signals] COMCAST said my E2500 router is causing leakage.

I'm learning about all of this stuff as I type (ingress and the other term that alludes me right now) so I am a noob. This is not my area of expertise so I thank you all for helping me.

They said it would interfere with other customers, I've hooked the router back up but they did tell me they would kill it again if it came back. So should I just disconnect it and buy a new router or disconnect and get the comcast wireless router?

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:17
It may not be the router causing the problem at all, it may be something else connected to the router, but using it as a path.

More troubleshooting is needed.

I've seen these sorts of problems caused by all sorts of things, including: loose coax connectors nearby wireless devices allow in noise; wireless routers too close to modems which then overwhelms internal RF shielding; power outlets with hot/neutral reversed causing hot chassis to ground out through the coax, etc.
--
If it's important, back it up... twice. Even 99.999% availability isn't enough sometimes.

Gyp Tompson

@comcast.net
So, what can I do on my end to troubleshoot? I don't have the tools they have nor do I have the knowledge. Should I just give comcast a call and set up an appointment for them to come out?

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:17
said by Gyp Tompson :

So, what can I do on my end to troubleshoot? I don't have the tools they have nor do I have the knowledge. Should I just give comcast a call and set up an appointment for them to come out?

That would probably be best. Let customer service know you were tagged for "signal leakage" inside the house.
--
Two is one, one is none. If it's important, back it up... twice. Even 99.999% availability isn't enough sometimes.

Gyp Thompson

@comcast.net
OK, I'll let them know. So are there any questions I need to specifically ask them? Or any info I need to come back and provide for you all?

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA
reply to DrDrew
Really now ?