spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rkaushik

join:2002-03-31
Tallahassee, FL

get service directly with Bell

Would not recommend teksavvy phone or internet service in the GTA. In GTA they lease Bell lines. Any install or service order has to go to Bell. If you ever have an issue, Bell will make sure that they provide the worst service possible to teksavvy customers. In the end the customer ends up getting screwed while it may not be teksavvy's fault.
My recent example: Phone line was down. Teksavvy filed repair ticket with Bell. Bell did some remote testing and determined that everything was ok without coming to my home to check if there was a dial tone outside my home. Bell closed the ticket. I called teksavvy back and they called Bell again. Bell argued but finally agreed to sent tech out. Bell tech determined that my telephone line had been disconnected at the neighborhood network box! I was asked to be home for a 5 hour window both times that Bell tech was supposed to come out.
In total I had service outage for 5 days for no fault of Teksavvy.
Lesson learned- however bad Bell is I would much rather have service directly with Bell. Bell now offers no contract service (internet and phone) like teksavvy and prices very competitively.
So why would you go through teksavvy and not directly to Bell? I had teksavvy for a long time because I disliked Bell but in the end what matters is my service uptime and not getting the run around. Interesting when I switched to Bell I was offered multiple installation windows for 3 hours and the tech called me before he showed up.

LanAdmin

join:2010-11-07
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·voip.ms

said by rkaushik:

Would not recommend teksavvy phone or internet service in the GTA.

That can happen event if you are with Bell. My neighbor who is directly with Bell had intermittent phone service for over a week before Bell finally solved the problem.

Personally I would never go with Bell again.

rkaushik

join:2002-03-31
Tallahassee, FL

Unfortunately we are stuck with bell owning the lines. If it took bell that long then it would have taken longer via teksavvy and a lot more pain for the consumer via long and inflexible appointment windows, teuchs not calling ahead, brokering everything via teksavvy, etc.

LanAdmin

join:2010-11-07
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·voip.ms

said by rkaushik:

Unfortunately we are stuck with bell owning the lines. If it took bell that long then it would have taken longer via teksavvy

Not sure