join:2002-02-21
London, ON

1 recommendation

dirtyjeffer0 to Wolfie00

Premium Member

to Wolfie00

Re: Sun TV wants mandatory carriage

said by Wolfie00:

If you're not aware of the Broadcasting Act or the mandate of the CBC then do some reading.

whatever.

the same CBC that refuses FOI requests??...the same CBC that refuses to be accountable for the $1 Billion they get from Canadian taxpayers every year??...the same CBC that creatively edited a story to promote their anti-Harper agenda??

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Like UB's post about a National Post story cheering Harpers approval rating being up, when in reality its down since the last election?

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

so if i am forced to carry CBC News Network, why is Sun News Network not forced as well?

honestly, i don't watch either, but fair is fair...either they both be made "standard" or they both go "optional".

said by Gone:

I may live to regret the day, but I am in agreement with jeffer. All or none.

LOL and +1
said by dirtyjeffer0:

said by Wolfie00:

The difference is that the CBC is our national public broadcaster with a formal mandate and accountability under the Broadcasting Act and Sun TV is a putrid pile of garbage.

i can't believe you seriously just posted that nonsense.

the CBC does have better production capabilities...because we pay $1 Billion a year for it...other than that, it is simply a left shifted version of Sun News.

said by dirtyjeffer0:

said by Wolfie00:

If you're not aware of the Broadcasting Act or the mandate of the CBC then do some reading.

whatever.

the same CBC that refuses FOI requests??...the same CBC that refuses to be accountable for the $1 Billion they get from Canadian taxpayers every year??...the same CBC that creatively edited a story to promote their anti-Harper agenda??

I dont know why this funding ($1B) is still provided? They(CBC) need to earn all this from adverts. Like CTV or others. If not then just stop broadcasting.

And Did anybody say accountability?